Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Default Wake up with volume buttons?

Is there an app or hack that will let me wake up the EVO using the volume buttons as well as the power button? That would be really helpful. Thanks.

I've heard of using "NoLock" from the Market will allow you to use the Volume Buttons to wake the phone. (( Obviously it removes the Lock Screen though )).

While we're at it.... anybody know of an app that uses the power button as a volume toggle.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by v3ritas06 View Post
    I've heard of using "NoLock" from the Market will allow you to use the Volume Buttons to wake the phone. (( Obviously it removes the Lock Screen though )).
    Yeah, I've played around with NoLock - it lets you use the volume keys, but I still like the lock screen.

NoLock didn't work consistently for me. It worked fine for the first couple of days, and then always displayed the lock screen regardless of settings.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts

I just want something that will make the volume buttons bring up my pattern password. I don't want to swipe down and then have to put in the password as well.

I installed no lock shortly after I got my evo and I love it, always works perfect for me

Default Re: Wake up with volume buttons?

No Lock has worked for me. It only lets you use the volume buttons when you have the lock disabled. Which is what I like.

--
    Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk