What does someone have to do to get this phone

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok I will admit I have only been trying to get the EVO for 2 days now as my upgrade came do on July 1st but I'm already frustrated and here's why.

I have been trying to get it from Best Buy since they have the instant rebate and a better insurance program than Sprint. So the first i simply just called every Best Buy in my area no one has any in stock I expected that really.

Now today I get off work a 3pm and start my calls the 3rd one I call in Ellisville tells me they have some in stock and that it was a first come first serve basis and they were not allowed to tell me how many they have I'm like cool so I head over there and the first they they ask me is am I on there list now I was already told previously that they are not doing list so I was more than pissed driving out there for nothing.

So I go back to my car after saying a few choice words to the mobile reps and start calling more Best Buys well of course no one has any at all but another one tells me that if I come in they will put me on there list and then they would call me when they come in well that one was closer to my house so the drive was not an issue so I go there and am told now that they are not doing a list so if your not doing a list why was I told you were on the phone again pissed but i was kinda expected I suppose anyway I'm still stuck with my Pre and no idea of when I will get an EVO oh I went to dinner and was near another Best Buy the one I would most want to get one from as they were the most helpful they told me that not only does there system not show any EVO's in stock but it also shows none on the way to any store in my area.

Well that's my sad story like I said before I have only been trying for the past 2 days and I'm sure I have a long road ahead before I can get one but I will not give up until I can truly join the android crowd heck I even thought of calling HTC directly like that would do any good huh.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
anything worth having is worth waiting for, you will find one soon enough, good luck!

(and yes, it is worth the wait)

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
I've tried every Sprint, Radio Shack & Best Buy in this area, All of them are saying their is between a 2 and a 4 week back-order on evos.

I'm desperate to get rid of AT&T and their joke of a network.

Currently 60/40 EVO Droid X atm so i'm tempted just to try for a x at this stage. :confused:

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just kept checking Sprint's website. I found one a few weeks ago on a Saturday, ordered it and had it in my hands on a Monday. I was being made fun of by some users on this site, saying they would never order through Sprint's site because "they wanted it now" but those same users are still looking for one, while I am enjoying my Evo :cool:

The moral of the story is just keep checking Sprint's site, and the moment you see it as available order dat s**t!! ;)

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I've tried every Sprint, Radio Shack & Best Buy in this area, All of them are saying their is between a 2 and a 4 week back-order on evos.

I'm desperate to get rid of AT&T and their joke of a network.

Currently 60/40 EVO Droid X atm so i'm tempted just to try for a x at this stage. :confused:

I'm holding out for an EVO I don't care how long it takes I'm tired of Palm promising big things only to be disappointed once again it's been a year now and and there are only 2714 apps int the App Catalog and the last I heard palm has had flash for almost 2 weeks now why has it not been released into the app store yet I'm sick and tired of going to a web page only to see you need the latest version of flash to view this site.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky. I showed up to BestBuy on a Saturday morning and snatched the last one. It was being held for someone who didn't show so they sold it to me. I didn't realize that everywhere was sold out.

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I got lucky. I showed up to BestBuy on a Saturday morning and snatched the last one. It was being held for someone who didn't show so they sold it to me. I didn't realize that everywhere was sold out.

Yea I was at Best Buy on June 28 to see if they had any kind of waiting list and they guy in front of me bought the last one not that i cold have gotten it since my upgrade was not until July first but I think I ma y be done with calling the stores and just wait till I see it online again and order it from there I think my chances may be a bit better than getting it from a store.

One question though if I order it online from Best Buy can I still get there Black Tie insurance and if so do I add it while purchasing it online or do I have to go to the store and do that? I have Sprints TEP now so I will have to cancel that once I get the EVO.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Guys best bet is to keep trying the Sprint site, or call them sometimes you can get lucky. Also drive to some small town and try some store there.

Best of Luck.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Dude there out online as well on both Sprint and Best Buy and I believe even Radio Shack is sold out too.

It wasn't sold out this morning. ****. I can't believe this thing keeps getting sold out like this. I really wanna know the sales numbers so far for this phone. Is it selling out because the demand is that high, because they just can't make enough, or is Sprint making it sold out to make it appear to be more in demand than it really is. It's crazy! Good luck finding one man.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is more then happy to get new customers and upgrade current ones it is more money to them. IT is sold out casue you can hold it anyway you like. Had to throw that in.

rjbphotos

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
It wasn't sold out this morning. ****. I can't believe this thing keeps getting sold out like this. I really wanna know the sales numbers so far for this phone. Is it selling out because the demand is that high, because they just can't make enough, or is Sprint making it sold out to make it appear to be more in demand than it really is. It's crazy! Good luck finding one man.

One sprint rep and a Kiosk in the mall today told me they had originally made something like 80 thousand EVO's which sold out way quicker than anyone expected. Not sure how true those numbers are though thats just what he told me.

G bot

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I was on a BB 'waiting/name list' on 06/06 and didn't get a phone call to come get it until 06/21. There was that many pre-orders and listed peeps before me. I made many phone calls and in-store purchase attempts inbetween ^^. I feel your pain.

joek1971

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
My son got one on opening day in nyc, I watied till that monday then went to Sprint store and the guy told me it is sold out, but i made friends with him cause 2 weeks before i got 9650 BB for work, so he said he call me, and i waited a week and he showed me the waiting list but i skipped to the head of the line and got 2 of them. Just keep looking on Sprint site.

eye4ni

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I live in a rural area and called every Radioshack within 50 miles, the last one that I was going to call actually had 3 of them in stock and said that they knew of other radioshacks that had them as well, this was 2 weeks ago, but still, if you are willing to drive out into BFE you might just get lucky... people in my town don't even know what an EVO is... lol

fastamx79

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I was on a BB 'waiting/name list' on 06/06 and didn't get a phone call to come get it until 06/21. There was that many pre-orders and listed peeps before me. I made many phone calls and in-store purchase attempts inbetween ^^. I feel your pain.

Once I was on a BB waiting list... in fact it was for the Palm Pre last year. In fact, I still have *not* gotten my call saying the Pre was ready for me to pick up. :mad: lol

ryan9102

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
does anyone know if you order online through sprint can u have them bill you for part or all of it or do you have to pay it all up front... i had the cash for it and then my car started leakin coolant so i had to replace the radiator so im hoping they can bill me for the leftover

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams