Cross Country with Evo and few questions

epa1775#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
So I'm on my second cross country trip in two weeks. Good times.

Few observations.

I have had to manage the roaming for both data and the actual phone. By leaving on roaming and allowing to connect automatically it sucked down some significant battery life. I also noticed when roaming the internet reception was slower than when on the Sprint network. I've kept it pretty much plugged in while in my vehicle. Solves that issue.

Google Navigator and Sprint Nav

Google Good piece of gear. In downtown Chicago took me on kind of a roundabout but besides that no big issues.

I've been using the Sprint Nav to find the cheapest gas prices. At times took me to a gas station that was no longer there. The prices listed also are a little cheaper than what it actually costs at the pump.

Internet Streaming
I listen to 1310 The Ticket from yourmuze. I access yourmuze via dolphin HD browser. The one thing I've noticed that the screen never goes black. It always has the music note sign visible. Will this leave a permanent imprint on the screen? Similar to what you would see on a computer screen that always has the same image?

Is there a way to navigate away from the screen without having the radio stream halted? On my blackberry I could stream and check texts, use sprint nav, look for numbers, etc. Any time I try and do anything but listen to the stream the stream stops. Don't worry I'm not trying to do any of this while driving.

Long story short been using the Evo while transiting and I'm pretty happy with it.

Pete

epa1775#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Flip,

I've read multiple times where I can naviagte away from the internet streaming but everytime I do it quits streaming. That being said how do I navigate and maintain the streaming? I know about the long touch on the home button but when I do that it still quits streaming.

Defective phone?

Pete

Bodar

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% certain, but modern TFT LCD screens should not suffer from burn in, as a CRT or plasma would. I've heard that AMOLEDS like the N1/Incredible's are having issues with it though.

Internet while roaming is slow because you don't get to roam on Verizon's full 3G network. I think it's only EVDO 1x.

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
If you navigate away from the HTC player it will stop playing. I have not ben able to find a work around for this so its not your EVO that's just the way it is

ecaggiani

Feb 18, 2010
www.zazzle.com
Download XiiaLive. It streams in the background very well. After installing it, when you try to open a streamable link from the browser, it should ask you what program to open it with, XiiaLive or built in music player. Just choose XiiaLive.

Plus, XiiaLive has tons of streams you can search for within the app. I highly recommend it!

--------
Sent from my HTC Evo 'cause it WAS the droid I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674