Internal Storage a big deal or not?

Iria

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
Since the Droid X is coming out soon w/ 8GB of internal storage, I'm wondering what folks know about a) reliability of sd cards vs. internal storage, b) if the internal storage would be faster than an sd card. I would think it would be.

I know the EVO has only a relatively small amount of internal storage, but the Droid X has a huge amount. I'm torn between Droid X and EVO, and both have the large screen I want.

The Fascinate and EPIC 4G both have small amounts of internal storage, as well, so those have less interest to me, although that hummingbird CPU ...

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
the evo has enough internal storage for apps. i use the sd card for music and pics. what sux about sd cards is that they have tweaked out on me and i have lost data that was not already saved on my computer. so 16gb internal memory would be ideal to not have the hassle of a tweaked out sd card. then maybe the sd card can be used for cache purposes.

painterface

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
hmm I wish the evo 8 gb internal

1 gb? really?

admittedly I don't really know what the differences would be, but with the 8gb card it would have 16 gb

ah well, it's still the best phone I've ever used :)

ElCartelDR

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I like the mix of internal and external memory. I hope if they keeping increasing the internal memory they keep the option for sd cards as well and not go the apple route.

NorthBayX415

May 18, 2010
Visit site
have to agree with painterface. plus i wish sd cards were cheap. but i still have 4gb memory left and 500 or less mb left of internal mem

but i think im going to buy a 16gb just in case

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12