Wrong phone Number in phone indentity

hanson2713

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
hey,
just ported from verizon to sprint. The phone number on both my hero and Evo is wrong under the phone indentity. Also when i hold the number "1" to get the voicemail the number it dails is that wrong number. However my real numbers work for incoming calls and also show up correct on caller ID for outgoing calls. I believe this issue is also preventing my visual voice mail from working as it wont send the activate message - keep getting an error that says "there is a delay in setting up your voicemail.....
Is there a way to fix the number issue without calling support? Are they open this weekend?
thanks

Dave Blake

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I had this happen on my Hero a hard rest fixed it. It happened again when I swapped the phones with my wife I think I went in to voice mail and opened chang greeting followed the steps but did not change anything and that fixed it but its been a while I can't remember for sure. I know the factory reset fixed it though.

akelley

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had the same issue - Sprint CSR said that is normal and takes up to 72 hours for the phone to fix itself. Regarding voicemail, there was a setting I found that allowed you to specify the voicemail number to dial so I just changed it there myself.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Under setting, go to the bottom and click on update phone, the click on the option to update profile. When you do that it forces the phone to register with Sprints network. Then afterwards shut down the phone and restart it up.

SilverZero

May 21, 2010
Visit site
By the way, you can change your number yourself by dialing ##020533## and entering edit mode. I had the same problem as the OP and took it to the Sprint store, the guy called up CS and did this and I copied down the code they told him to tap in. :)

LipGloss712

May 17, 2010
Visit site
the problem with mine is that my @sprintpcs.com email name is misspelled. i had them correct it on their system so i don't know why it didn't change on my phone. i even did a reset. its no big deal but its really annoying when someone misspells my name when i stated it to them clearly. like for the e thats supposed to be a c, i said c as in cat. ugh!

marcopoleho

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
This is incorrect; ##020533# will only work on YOUR phone. The correct way to change these settings is with ##enter your unique msl here#.
By the way, you can change your number yourself by dialing ##020533## and entering edit mode. I had the same problem as the OP and took it to the Sprint store, the guy called up CS and did this and I copied down the code they told him to tap in. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech