Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default YouTube Not Working

Hi All,
    Hopefully someone can help me out... YouTube has stopped working on my Evo. I try to open the app and the screen flashes, then closes immediately.
    I'm new to Android, blackberry convert, is there any way I can uninstall then reinstall?

Any help would be much appreciated!!!

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts

Has it ever works for you?

Carrier
    CM7

it might be the html attack underway on youtube at the moment. The codemonkeys are working on it.

Mine's doing the same thing.

Tried clearing the data/cache yet?
    (in android not the youtube app)
    settings > applications > manage applications > youtube
    you'll see the buttons. same area if you need to do that for the browser or clear a "use as default program" choice. You can also uninstall some apps that way.

Quote Originally Posted by feet View Post
    Tried clearing the data/cache yet?
    (in android not the youtube app)
    settings > applications > manage applications > youtube
    you'll see the buttons. same area if you need to do that for the browser or clear a "use as default program" choice. You can also uninstall some apps that way.
    I do this on a weekly basis, & in fact did it this morning before i even read this thread. I don't use the youtube app much, but it's been working great till this.

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

I had the same issue with YouTube. In my case, it was an ATK problem. I can't remember exactly what I did, but I THINK I just removed it from the Ignore list, opened YouTube (successfully), and put it back in the Ignore list. Whatever I did with ATK, YouTube has been working ever since. Good luck. Hope this helps.

Careful guys... ATK does this.
    It made my Pandora not work for the first week. And I wondered why.

ATK, if not used correctly, can hinder your Evo from working properly in a lot of situations...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Hi, it has worked for me in the past... honestly I started noticing it after I did the recent ota update. I don't have ATK, and have cleared the cache. Still no luck... I did a hard reset and it worked for about a day then stopped working again.

I didn't do the recent update, & don't use a task killer. Used to work great, bummer.

Hmmm, mine works great. Could it be the connection speed? That's what Sprint told me when I had my Hero and the YouTube application wouldn't work.

Default Re: YouTube Not Working

I had the same problem. Don't know. what I did to cause it, and a week later it started working again. No idea

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk