Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    134 Global Posts

Default Exchanging the Evo past 30 days

So I'm having some problems with my Evo and I want to exchange it, problem is no Best Buy has them in stock. So my question is will they still be able to exchange it past the 30 days since they don't have any now?

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Default Re: Exchanging the Evo past 30 days

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    So I'm having some problems with my Evo and I want to exchange it, problem is no Best Buy has them in stock. So my question is will they still be able to exchange it past the 30 days since they don't have any now?
    Check with the store manager as they have the "power". Make sure they grant it for you in writing.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

I got mine exchanged today (got on launch day) but I have talked the BB since June 7th about replacing and they just received my replacement today.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Just exchanged mine past the 30 day mark at RS. They S/O it and it was fedexed to them. I had an 002 unit with lifting screen, light leak below all four buttons, non-sensitive top portion of screen and dust under screen on top left of screen.

Replacement unit is an 003 with no lifting screen, no dust(yet), screen is sensitive at notification bar but it still has light leaking below all four buttons.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Sprint told me if they document the replacement being issued before the 30 days, time bascially stops until you activate the next one. Hopefully best buy has same policy. Good Luck

Global Posts
    86 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Yes, I spoke to the Mobile Manager at my Best Buy about it yesterday. Since they haven't had much stock since launch they are extending the return window silently for another month. He said it's best to check in Friday afternoons to see if there is any stock.

Thumbs down

I had the WORST experience with Sprint yesterday.

So I wasn't eligible till july 1st for the upgrade..I have been with Sprint for 9 years and even worked for them in the past. Anyways I waited in line for the Evo and paid full price and charged my account. On the 1st I called telesales becuase they were the only one's that had the evo in stock. This past Saturday I went to the Sprint store to return the original phone. Well guess what..the corporate store turned into a 3rd party store!!

Now this store is about 40mins away and the closest store to me. I was in a rush to even make it there and back to my home town. Sunday i had to work a loong day..and yesterday I drove just over an HR to the next closest store to return it. Yes I was 1 DAY past the 30days.

Well they told me they wouldn't take it back. I talked to the manager, his manager and then called sprint up on the phone to see if account services could help me.

They never understood that the store I bought it from changed into a 3rd party within the last 4 weeks..they said that doesn't happen! I told them they never changed the phone number to the store...same recording as corporate..just no one answered.

After talking to 5 people for an 1 1/2 hr's in the parking lot...I wasn't going to leave if they told me I could return it..

Now i am stuck with the phone and have to try to sell it online for less. It's not even the money issue..it's the half day I wasted, stress of them changing the store to a 3rd party!!! And not doing anything about that for me.

As of now..I escalated this to a higher manager at account services and I am waiting to hear back from them. I told them I might just cancel everything over this..which i doubt I will..but this 1 day BS is crap..they changed a store, left the same recording without notice.

Anyways..Ill let you know if Sprint does crap about this..Im also going to email
    Dan@sprint.com to see if I get a response. who knows.
    Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm 755p > BB 8130 > BB 8830 > BB 8130 > Palm Pre > Now the HTC EVO!!

Wait, so you bought the phone launch day with the intent to return it and rebuy it in July when you were eligible for an upgrade, but missed it by a day?

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

sell it on Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by Gory_Streaker View Post
    And now feel like they owe him a return.
    Yeah. Tried to pull a fast one and got burned.

Well within his rights, I guess, but it's not Sprint's fault.

Honestly, I agree with everyone here. If you just waited your turn, instead of playing the system, you wouldn't be having this issue. These are the reasons that we pay even more than necessary for phones and service.

I told sprint I was going to do this because they would not early upgrade me. They said that's fine. So I figured..hey If I like the phone Ill upgrade..if not keep the eligibility and return it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sprint closed (sold to a 3rd party) the store I bought the phone from and left the phone number, voice mail, recording THE SAME! Just acted as everyone was busy and said to call back. That is their fault and they can't take my phone back 1 day late due to that! That is complete BS.
    Palm 650 > Palm 700p > Palm 755p > BB 8130 > BB 8830 > BB 8130 > Palm Pre > Now the HTC EVO!!

Quote Originally Posted by DannRathers View Post
    I told sprint I was going to do this because they would not early upgrade me. They said that's fine. So I figured..hey If I like the phone Ill upgrade..if not keep the eligibility and return it. There is nothing wrong with that.

Sprint closed (sold to a 3rd party) the store I bought the phone from and left the phone number, voice mail, recording THE SAME! Just acted as everyone was busy and said to call back. That is their fault and they can't take my phone back 1 day late due to that! That is complete BS.
    I don't think anyone said you did anything wrong...just that you tried to play the system but it backfired. You could have done a little more homework. If you were eligible on the 1st for an upgrade and new you were against the clock, why wait until the last day to try and return it? Anything could have happened; I don't think you could have anticipated the store thing, but family emergency, flat tire, whatever.

If I had $500 hanging in the balance, I would have been on top of it. Sucks that happened, but Sprint has to draw a line. You get 30 days, if you push the envelope and get burned, it's your own fault.