Evo 4g Camera not working after OTA update

jack31484

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? My rear camera was working fine just a couple days ago and then today i realized the rear camera is not working. All it shows on the screen when i go to camcorder/camera is a flickering screen with colored static. Sort of like how your TV looks when your not receiving cable signal, it just shows snow.

The front camera still works fine. Is this sometime that i can fix? or do i have to return this. I only just bought it Friday.

thnx

mikeinaustin

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else have this problem? My rear camera was working fine just a couple days ago and then today i realized the rear camera is not working. All it shows on the screen when i go to camcorder/camera is a flickering screen with colored static. Sort of like how your TV looks when your not receiving cable signal, it just shows snow.

The front camera still works fine. Is this sometime that i can fix? or do i have to return this. I only just bought it Friday.

thnx

my wife has the exact same issue with her phone. did you ever find a fix for this issue? anyone? to me it looks like an autofocus issue.

cougar0018#AC

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I ahve the same exact issue. After the update the camera crapped out, I called sprint and they did something because it worked for about 2 minutes. When I exited and went back to the camera the same issue came back. Supposedly HTC is working on a patch that will fix all the issues we have been experiencing since this OTA, this is coming from a technician at a sprint store. However he could not give me a time frame on this fix.

I did asked Sprint phone technician and the technician at the sprint store about flashing back to 2.2. Sprint told me I could but I would have to take it to the store, when I went to the store they said it could not be done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2