little android guy on calls.

rem_kujawa

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Is it kinda weird that I really like that little android guy that shows up when you make a received call that is not listed in your contacts.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I liked it better on the Nexus One (stock android) where he is in various poses and even sometimes upside down. Another Sense failure. But yea, it's cool.

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Not really. It's bloatware. Stock Android is brilliant, and does damn near everything better than Sense (a.k.a.Remedial Android).

gregg37

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
And before you even start, ... no, I do not want to root and use a stock ROM. did that enough with the N1. Chasing the newest roms day after day gets to be tedius and boring.

Also... switching back to T-Mobile or any other carrier is out of the question here in New Orleans. I've been on the major 4 all in the last year. Sprint totally rebuilt their network after Katrina, where everyone else only did repairs. The result is a really strong, really dependable Sprint voice and data network. (unfortunately, the money spent here in the last 3-4 years is probably the reason we do not have 4G yet)

So where does that leave me? Waiting for sprint to release a non-sense android device. (...or be seduced by the headache of rooting again)

Last edited:

AaronB1979

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
And before you even start, ... no, I do not want to root and use a stock ROM. did that enough with the N1. Chasing the newest roms day after day gets to be tedius and boring.

Also... switching back to T-Mobile or any other carrier is out of the question here in New Orleans. I've been on the major 4 all in the last year. Sprint totally rebuilt their network after Katrina, where everyone else only did repairs. The result is a really strong, really dependable Sprint voice and data network. (unfortunately, the money spent here in the last 3-4 years is probably the reason we do not have 4G yet)

So where does that leave me? Waiting for sprint to release a non-sense android device. (...or be seduced by the headache of rooting again)

You got some issues dude.
Maybe you should join the apple fanboy club.

npark

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site

Different strokes for different folks.

Personally, for corporate EAS integration, Sense is not just the icing on the cake, it is the whole enchilada. I can't imagine having an Android phone without Sense considering how will it gels with my Exchange information.

It's not as good as webOS' Synergy, but it's very close. Sense apps provide the integration for Gmail (times 2)/Facebook/EAS for my contacts and calendar that I've grown accustomed to on webOS.

Mustachio

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I love the 7 panels per scene available with Sense. The 3--or even 5--available with stock Android just isn't enough for me.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
You do know there are lots of different Sence setups you can use, not just the one that came on the phone. You can customize it to how you like it.

Just throwing it out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome