Rebate DECLINED!

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Decided to check the rebate tracker on sprint.com. Couldn't believe it. Declined for a host of reasons, all BS. They say the Evo wasn't eligible for a rebate, that I didn't do a new two year contract and that I cancelled the account. Unbelievable! Each of those reasons is total BS. My account was not cancelled, I started a new line of service, just to get the damn thing, my 5th line as a matter of fact and the EVO sure is eligible for a rebate. Damn them! Here is a copy of what the rebate tracker says. Keep an eye on yours, looks like they are out to put the screws to us.

Invalid.
Invalid Reason: The terms and conditions for this offer require a new 2-year subscriber agreement.
The Terms and Conditions require that the purchased device be activated within the specified timeframe in order to receive the rebate.
The Terms and Conditions for this offer require the Sprint device to be active. Our records indicate this account was cancelled prior to the processing of this rebate.
The Sprint Phone was not active for the required period of time according to the Terms and Conditions for this offer.
The phone model purchased is not included in the offer.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Just call the Sprint Rebate center tomorrow, since today is a legal holiday. Ask them why, and have them correct the problem.

Here is the Sprint Rebate phone number.

call 1-800-477-4127

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
talk to sprint. i'm sure there are reasons for everything, even if the OP chooses not to disclose the real reasons on an online forum.

Beezzy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Thats why I never buy from Corporate Stores. Always get my phones through Best Buys. Best warranty and never have to deal with rebates!

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
talk to sprint. i'm sure there are reasons for everything, even if the OP chooses not to disclose the real reasons on an online forum.

What? Pretty cut and dry. I started a new line of service jut to get the EVO early. It's still active and I use it daily. Obviously you have to commit to a new contract for two years just to start the line. The last I checked, the EVO was and is eligible for a rebate. I pasted their reason from the rebate tracker, there is no secret hidden reason unless you read differently than I do. If so, please advise.

I emailed them and await their reply. They didn't misread my number. It has sat at 58% for two weeks under my name and acct number. It's just Sprint, being Sprint.

twan2001

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Best buy is the only choice of places to buy phones... I cant for the life of me understand why someone would knowingly go somewhere that they know they have to deal with Mail in Rebates.

Skytale

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I also got mine from Best Buy. I can't understand why Sprint undercuts their own stores by allowing a situation where a Best Buy down the street offers better service (instant rebates for example) than a corporate store.

dfine1966

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, with Sprint, sometimes it is better to buy it directly from them, so if you have anything wrong, you can return, exchange right from them directly. Also there versions of the phone, in my opinion, seem to be a little more reliable than 3rd party stores. I have bought Sprint phones from Best Buy before and decided that it was easier to get from Sprint direct.

I had only one time a problem with a rebate, and one phone call fixed all the problems and was issued the check. My suggestion to the OP is stop complaining and do something about it, which it looks like you did with the email. For me, I would just call the number I gave you, and talk to them live. I know you want to vent your frustrations on how Sprint messes up on all these things. Heck, Sprint has messed up my account for the last 12 years, but whining usually doesn't get you anywhere, but it sometimes makes you feel better. Just keep calling and you will get your rebate sooner or later.

Be patient. Just don't scream at your wife, like I do when Sprint messes up something on my account. My wife doesn't like that too much. I tell her I just needed to vent and it wasn't about her. She now knows when Sprint messes up, that I am only venting.

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
OMG! Let me check mine really quickly.

OH HELLZ TO THE NO!! CHECK THIS OUT!!

Offer Information for: 41231****
Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED
Date Received: 06-17-2010
Status Detail: Invalid.
Invalid Reason: Missing Purchase Date

That's that bull*hit!! I'm calling in the morning!!

dougeetx

Pimpin' Ain't Easy
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Sprint is Doing the REBATE BULLSH*T!!

Ok! Due to that other thread, I checked my rebate status and low and behold, I caught the same type of Sprint b.s. that the other thread's OP did! BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR REBATE STATUS!!

Offer Information for: 412317***
Offer: VARIABLE REWARD AMOUNT DEPENDING ON PRODUCT PURCHASED
Date Received: 06-17-2010
Status Detail: Invalid.
Invalid Reason: Missing Purchase Date

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, with Sprint, sometimes it is better to buy it directly from them, so if you have anything wrong, you can return, exchange right from them directly. Also there versions of the phone, in my opinion, seem to be a little more reliable than 3rd party stores. I have bought Sprint phones from Best Buy before and decided that it was easier to get from Sprint direct.

I had only one time a problem with a rebate, and one phone call fixed all the problems and was issued the check. My suggestion to the OP is stop complaining and do something about it, which it looks like you did with the email. For me, I would just call the number I gave you, and talk to them live. I know you want to vent your frustrations on how Sprint messes up on all these things. Heck, Sprint has messed up my account for the last 12 years, but whining usually doesn't get you anywhere, but it sometimes makes you feel better. Just keep calling and you will get your rebate sooner or later.

Be patient. Just don't scream at your wife, like I do when Sprint messes up something on my account. My wife doesn't like that too much. I tell her I just needed to vent and it wasn't about her. She now knows when Sprint messes up, that I am only venting.

I'm not yelling at my wife, she's yelling at me. She wasn't happy I started a 5th line to begin with. She wanted me to wait until September and use my upgrade. She was real unhappy to see our bill go from $170 to $504, (put the phone on the acct). So far things with this whole deal are going swimmingly.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci