Choose camera focus area with click

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I just discovered this today by accident, so I don't know if everyone but me already knows. I searched, but no one else has posted, so it must be common knowledge, my search skills are subpar, or not many know.

When you are taking a picture, instead of touching the shutter "button" on the screen, touch the screen where you want to focus and the camera will focus there instead and take a picture. This is great for person shots with landscape backgrounds.

Ok, so am I the last to figure this out? It really helps for taking pictures when you don't want to center the subject.

slthree

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Well, I didn't read the manual so the fact that its there means nothing to me.

Thank you to the thread starter for the tip

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Lol reminds me when somebody in the Precentral forum would realize that they could take a picture with the spacebar and make a whole thread about it.
They would get like 50 thanks.

Makes me wonder if I should make a thread for things like holding the back button in the browser to access your history, favorites, and bookmarks.

scoobdude

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
Man I spent an entire shift going through the manual one night. Still missing little things apparently.

Thanks..... for both those tips.

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Who reads a manual?

I have not owed a touchscreen camera before so this is new to me. I am just glad I'm not the only one who didn't know about this.

halcyonku

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Sorry, I must use the <sarcasm> tag more often. I did read the manual, I just didn't remember the section on fun camera capabilities. I did skim the entire thing and only just remembered the parts I found useful.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've learned with Sense/Android is to just tap or long press everything and see what pops up.

Seems they've spared us at least somewhat with nightmarish menu system with just making certain things interactive, so to speak.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
One thing I've learned with Sense/Android is to just tap or long press everything and see what pops up.

Seems they've spared us at least somewhat with nightmarish menu system with just making certain things interactive, so to speak.

Ha HA HA ... I long press and press menu for EVERY screen now .

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site

True. I keep discovering new things when I long press. I do wish there was some little indicator that would appear on screen when there's a menu, or a long-press action available.

theiphonewannabe

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
It is amazing what you can do with the camera focus. :)

IMAG0126.jpg

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance