Returned my EVO and bought it back from Sprint for half price.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I purchased my Evo on June 4th outright for $450... about about $487 after taxed. I always new I would exchanged in within 30 days to get a new one after I had put mine through some test during my test period. It just so happened I was in Puerto Rico during July 4th weekend and I went to exchange it in store.. and of course they were out. Here is what the sales rep suggested to me:

Returned the EVO under risk free guarantee.
The store tech checks out EVO to make sure its still good.

THEY DONT RETURN IT TO HTC...

They save these phones for customers who are not eligible for upgrade and who do not have insurance. (I've never been told about this in all my years with Sprint.. and this was a corporate store).

He said customers looking to buy the evo who did not have an upgrade (which is me.. and did not have insurance... which is also me), are given to the opportunity to purchase returned phones for half price.

I bought back my same evo and save $225.00!!!!

Best weekend ever!!! Thanks Sprint.

I hope others can take advantage of this.

The best part is... They exchanged my body glove, but i still got to keep my same screen protector.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I guess... maybe i got the verbiage wrong. But I know if I didn't buy back my phone, the rep was going to have a friend of his buy it. And I know for a fact in that 10 minute tech check... my phone did not get refurbished. Anyway... I purchased my own returned phone.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Well....

It's too early to argue. I know what was offered to me.. in fact i would have bought two but they only had mind. The sales rep said it has to be done by a manager because they have to reprogram a code in the phone (don't quote me on that)... I don't think it's something that is advertised... I know i spent the rest of the day calling the other stores (corporate ones in my area) and they all seem to know what i was talking about but said they had no phones left. Maybe it's just puerto rico.. i don't know.

Puerto Rico also has no mail in rebates at corporate stores... the checks constantly got lost. LOL. So an EVO at Sprint is actually $199.00 (with upgrade or new line) out the door.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
LOL.. again.. if it doesn't help you.. skip over the post. You're only counter arguement is that it can't be done.

My story is true... and again i hope others can benefit.

For AVA...since you don't believe call the stores directly in Puerto Rico... they open up in an hour. Call the one on the military base, or miramar or carolina.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. i could agree with that. I did speak to a friend of mine who is a manager at Verizon who said he's done it before for customer satisfaction. And only if the customer meets certain requirements (dropped a new phone in water was the example he gave). So i dont know. I'm sure it's not an advertised thing.

I know for a fact they do it in Hato Rey, PR and Guaynabo, PR.

avacomputers

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah.. i could agree with that. I did speak to a friend of mine who is a manager at Verizon who said he's done it before for customer satisfaction. And only if the customer meets certain requirements (dropped a new phone in water was the example he gave). So i dont know. I'm sure it's not an advertised thing.

I know for a fact they do it in Hato Rey, PR and Guaynabo, PR.
I thought we were talking about sprint.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
For me? Nothing... I'm enjoying my $225.00 EVO. I believe you have the option to call the stores in Puerto Rico in... 7 minutes and tell them how what they are doing can't be done.

;)

The phone numbers are on the Sprint site.

mrdpr

May 30, 2010
Visit site
In the Sprint corporate store in Puerto Rico we received the rebate at the same time you buy your phone that's true the oder part don't know.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If this is possibly true, it sounds like he just manipulated the system to make your original purchase to be on a new two year contract so you got the full upgrade/new customer pricing.

If you don't mind a new contract, then good for you I guess. If you didn't want a new contract, you just got scammed.

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what so hard to understand... but i guess i'll give up on this thread.

I signed no new two year contract. I purchased the same phone I returned.
I'm not upgrade eligible.
And my eligibility date is still 11/2010.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Not sure what so hard to understand... but i guess i'll give up on this thread.

I signed no new two year contract. I purchased the same phone I returned.
I'm not upgrade eligible.
And my eligibility date is still 11/2010.

The problem is that Sprint does not sell returned or refurbished phones at a 50% discount based on policy.

So if you did manage to pull this off, the manager did something that's definitely against Sprint's policies and might even be illegal. Not sure what he or she said to you, but there is no way that transaction is on the up and up at a corporate store unless they messed with your account.

Are you really surprised that people are skeptical when you basically come in and say Sprint gave you $250 back on a month old phone just for walking in?

AldousSnow

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
The problem is that Sprint does not sell returned or refurbished phones at a 50% discount based on policy.

So if you did manage to pull this off, the manager did something that's definitely against Sprint's policies and might even be illegal. Not sure what he or she said to you, but there is no way that transaction is on the up and up at a corporate store unless they messed with your account.

Are you really surprised that people are skeptical when you basically come in and say Sprint gave you $250 back on a month old phone just for walking in?

Well they don't give you all of that back in cash. I actually only got $175.00 in cash and the difference has to be mailed by check. I paid for the phone in cash but the refund policy tops out at $175. I guess I was just sharing my experience... no biggie.

THanks malhortra365... I do forget that about forums.

Heres a funny story. My wife lost her Blackberry Tour which I gave to her as a gift. She lost it within 2 weeks of having it. She called insurance and they gave her a Blackberry Bold for $100.00. I kept telling her that it can't be true. Was convince she made a amistake... but lo and behold opened the box the next day and a Blackberry bold from asurion was in it (turns out the tour was discountinued, but i assumed they would still have refurbished tours).

Moral of the story is.... sometimes we don't know everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez