Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Any complaints from current owners ?

Are the current crop of users pretty happy or are there complaints? I know a few have complained about defective screens and such but not clear it this is the majority of users or just a few unlucky folks (I know about the battery) so other than the battery are you happy or unhappy with the evo and sprint and if unhappy why (reception? htc sense? speed? defect? other?) ?

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Had mine since second week of June. Zero complaints thus far. Love my Boxwave anti-glare screen protector and Innocase 2. Happiest I've been with a phone since my Blackberry World Edition 2 years ago (and I've tried iPhones, Heroes, Pres, Pixies, Droids).

Global Posts
    866 Global Posts

One thing to keep in mind that it is usually the people who are unhappy that will make the most noise... I have had my evo for a few weeks now and I am still ecstatic about this thing. I come from a Blackberry Tour and at first thought that the whole battery thing would turn me off. After tweaking some of the settings (NOT disabling all the cool features, though) I have excellent battery life, have yet to fall below 30% even after a long day 8am - 2am, some nights I will purposely try to run the battery dead by watching youtube and such late at night, and have still not completely drained the battery, and I would consider myself a moderate user.

This phone is absolutely amazing, so many possibilities. While the video chat still needs some work (it is not exactly a smooth undertaking as of yet) and some of the bells and whistles need a little polishing, I think that the Android platform in general is headed to great heights, and this is the perfect phone to get the full experience. I doubt that many owners find it lacking in performance or hardware, this thing really is packed with awesomeness.

love my phone!!! got it on launch day & havent looked back once. my battery life is nothing to cry about either, all in all its awesome!
    Sprint|HTC|EVO 4G|Supersonic!

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

I've had mine since launch and it's a 002 version. I have no light leakage, no screen separation, battery did suck like all but I am fully rooted and running the latest Fresh ROM 0.5.3 and battery is alot better, I no longer have to charge my phone 2-3 times through out the day. Now that the 30 days is up I am finally going to get a screen protector.

Global Posts
    282 Global Posts

I hate my phone!!! It does not do anything I was promised.

I asked for 3 wishes, nothing.

I looked for an app to build me a private island, none to be found.

It would not turn into a rocket ship and fly me anywhere.

What a piece of JUNK!!!

Actually I love my phone. No problems at all.

I only had my evo a few days getting it on July 3rd and the only thing I don't like about it is that it has been keeping me up late at night.. I just can't seem to put it down. This phone is so awesome I just keep playing with it. Oh and my battery sucks way more than everyone else's too but I suspect it has to do with me playing with it all day and should improve when the newness wears off. lol

Yes, there are problems. Just as with every complex device. No, they don't seem to affect most people. Yes, most people are satisfied with the EVO. Read the forums, but remember that the loudest voices don't necessarily represent the majority. I'm very satisfied with mine.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 07-06-2010 at 09:50 AM.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3

My only complaint is spending so much time playing with this phone it's getting in the way of other things, such as work and cutting the grass, and sleep.

I went from the Motorola Razor > Samsung Instinct > Samsung Moment > HTC Evo, and think this phone is awesome. Everybody at work owns an iPhone and I'm the sole Android user, so now I'm the one bragging about his phone.

My only complaint is the ringer/media player volume .... IMHO the media player volume is VERY low ...

Other than that I LOVE EVERY THING about my EVO

I've had mine for 4 days.4g radio doesn't work at all so I have to return it which is a bummer because nobody has them. The screens a little disappointing. It's low contrast and has a pinkish hue to it. Some of the apps are def unpolished. All other complaints are just due to Android learning curve. I do like the phone and am quite happy over all.

I have had move phone for less than a week, 003 build, and I love it.

I'm somewhat tempted to return it to wait for the Samsung Galaxy S / Sprint Epic but Samsung's hardware support is kinda sketchy compared to HTC's. If users have a hardware/software problem HTC gets a patch out eventually. From what I've heard Samsung seems to take forever to patch problems with their hardware/software.

No complaints though, except maybe battery live. I've gotten 16 hours out of it on my best day and still had 15 percent left, but with supper heavy usage, app installs / un-installs / lots of browsing gotten 5 hours to 10 percent.

This is still better then my last smart phone, an HTC Diamond. Just pick up a external battery pack/booster. That way you don't have to worry about it.

Another complaint is it is just slightly too large for my hands. So it often feels like it might get bumped out of my hands. So, I've ordered I'll post about them once I receive them.

I get great reception and I love the phone. I'm getting spoiled by it. I keep looking for an app to make it do even more.

Quote Originally Posted by daving313 View Post
    Had mine since second week of June. Zero complaints thus far. Love my Boxwave anti-glare screen protector and Innocase 2. Happiest I've been with a phone since my Blackberry World Edition 2 years ago (and I've tried iPhones, Heroes, Pres, Pixies, Droids).
    Does the anti-glare screen protector make it easier to see the screen in full sun?

No problems, great screen, fast wifi, amazing 4g, adequate battery life. I would do it again, and btw, Sprint is quite good as a network provider.

Global Posts
    344 Global Posts

My only complaint is the handling of MMS pictures... I don't know what to blame for this, whether it'd be Sprint or the Android software, but considering how the phone is already compressing down the pictures I can send out a 256kb 1296x776 picture, and it'll come back as a tiny 56kb 320x192 picture.. It's annoying.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by We Have Signal View Post
    Does the anti-glare screen protector make it easier to see the screen in full sun?
    Ehh, a little bit. I really like it for indoor glare as well as fingerprints barely show up if at all.

had it for about a week...loving it

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

Default Volume

Quote Originally Posted by DMSMaven View Post
    My only complaint is the ringer/media player volume .... IMHO the media player volume is VERY low ...

Other than that I LOVE EVERY THING about my EVO

Try adjusting the volume of your songs using MP3gain

I have mine equalized at 94db.

The EVO launch has had so few complaints it has been weird. But HTC hardware and Android OS are solid. With the few complaints that we saw, hopefully they were smart enough to return their phones within 30 days if for whatever reason they were not happy.

When the Pre was released there was an explosion of problems within days and even hours. Not so with the EVO.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Ok thanks trying to decide if i want to wait another 4 months for an evo or cancel sprint and go with the droid x. My phone is an scp 3810 (non smart phone) and in 10 years I've only upgraded the phone twice; but smarty sprint won't let me upgrade early for a smart phone that will triple my currently monthly bill.

ROM
    CM7 7.0

So far so good, have had it since Friday

Battery life complaints seem to be overrated now
    Rooted and running CM6 stable on Evo

ROM
    Stock 3D, CM 7.1

Quote Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
    Ok thanks trying to decide if i want to wait another 4 months for an evo or cancel sprint and go with the droid x. My phone is an scp 3810 (non smart phone) and in 10 years I've only upgraded the phone twice; but smarty sprint won't let me upgrade early for a smart phone that will triple my currently monthly bill.
    Call Sprint and complain. Worst they can do is say no. Some people have posted that they managed to get an Evo out of the retentions department. If you really plan to cancel for an X if you can't get an Evo, make Sprint put up or shut up. Again, it's just some time on the phone. You might end up with a killer phone 4 months sooner than you planned.

Oh yeah, I've had mine since launch and I love it. I get excellent battery life and I use the crap out of it. 12-15 hours heavy use, 24+ hrs between charges on weekends when I am not working. The only complain I have is that Robo Defense is sucking time out of my already busy schedule!

Have had mine for 2 weeks, no issues one complaint.... 10 bucks more a month for no 4g yet.

Global Posts
    319 Global Posts

This thing is fun as hell. Kinda buggy, but then it is a NEW phone. Updates will fix that. I came from a Motorola SLVR > Apple iPhone > Apple iPhone 3G > Palm Treo 755p > HTC Touch > Palm Pre > HTC Evo....not going to anything else except maybe a ....EVO2 ;-)
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Hum. ok. I'll wait till sunday call sprint one last time and then let them decide

I think both evo and droid x have trade offs so neither is better or worse; just different. The lower price for verizon plan will more than pay for cancellation fee over 12 months.

I came from the BB universe - I love this thing. My only gripes are very, very minor:

1. I don't think the user experience is refined enough for the mainstream yet...my wife is fairly competent as far as your average person goes, and I think she would be lost with this thing. Certainly can't get one for my parents either. Both were able to figure out iOS on their own within minutes, though.

2. The position of the on/off button on the top. My hands aren't frankenstein sized, and it's a pain reaching it with one-handed operation to wake it when it goes to sleep. And it goes to sleep quickly to preserve battery life.

3. I can't use it while I'm driving. I know, I shouldn't be using it in the car anyway, but I was able to do a lot of things quite safely (including make calls) with any BB device, and I don't feel I can do the same safely using the EVO.

Other than that, I agree, this is the most elated I've been since I went from the MOTO Q on VZ to a Blackberry 8830 on Sprint a few years back. Except more so!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast