Any complaints from current owners ?
07-07-2010 11:31 PM
- Are the current crop of users pretty happy or are there complaints? I know a few have complained about defective screens and such but not clear it this is the majority of users or just a few unlucky folks (I know about the battery) so other than the battery are you happy or unhappy with the evo and sprint and if unhappy why (reception? htc sense? speed? defect? other?) ?07-06-2010 09:20 AM
- One thing to keep in mind that it is usually the people who are unhappy that will make the most noise... I have had my evo for a few weeks now and I am still ecstatic about this thing. I come from a Blackberry Tour and at first thought that the whole battery thing would turn me off. After tweaking some of the settings (NOT disabling all the cool features, though) I have excellent battery life, have yet to fall below 30% even after a long day 8am - 2am, some nights I will purposely try to run the battery dead by watching youtube and such late at night, and have still not completely drained the battery, and I would consider myself a moderate user.
This phone is absolutely amazing, so many possibilities. While the video chat still needs some work (it is not exactly a smooth undertaking as of yet) and some of the bells and whistles need a little polishing, I think that the Android platform in general is headed to great heights, and this is the perfect phone to get the full experience. I doubt that many owners find it lacking in performance or hardware, this thing really is packed with awesomeness.07-06-2010 10:20 AM
- I've had mine since launch and it's a 002 version. I have no light leakage, no screen separation, battery did suck like all but I am fully rooted and running the latest Fresh ROM 0.5.3 and battery is alot better, I no longer have to charge my phone 2-3 times through out the day. Now that the 30 days is up I am finally going to get a screen protector.07-06-2010 10:24 AM
- I hate my phone!!! It does not do anything I was promised.
I asked for 3 wishes, nothing.
I looked for an app to build me a private island, none to be found.
It would not turn into a rocket ship and fly me anywhere.
What a piece of JUNK!!!
Actually I love my phone. No problems at all.07-06-2010 10:38 AM
- I only had my evo a few days getting it on July 3rd and the only thing I don't like about it is that it has been keeping me up late at night.. I just can't seem to put it down. This phone is so awesome I just keep playing with it. Oh and my battery sucks way more than everyone else's too but I suspect it has to do with me playing with it all day and should improve when the newness wears off. lol07-06-2010 10:41 AM
- Yes, there are problems. Just as with every complex device. No, they don't seem to affect most people. Yes, most people are satisfied with the EVO. Read the forums, but remember that the loudest voices don't necessarily represent the majority. I'm very satisfied with mine.07-06-2010 10:46 AM
- My only complaint is spending so much time playing with this phone it's getting in the way of other things, such as work and cutting the grass, and sleep.
I went from the Motorola Razor > Samsung Instinct > Samsung Moment > HTC Evo, and think this phone is awesome. Everybody at work owns an iPhone and I'm the sole Android user, so now I'm the one bragging about his phone.07-06-2010 10:56 AM
- I've had mine for 4 days.4g radio doesn't work at all so I have to return it which is a bummer because nobody has them. The screens a little disappointing. It's low contrast and has a pinkish hue to it. Some of the apps are def unpolished. All other complaints are just due to Android learning curve. I do like the phone and am quite happy over all.07-06-2010 11:49 AM
- I have had move phone for less than a week, 003 build, and I love it.
I'm somewhat tempted to return it to wait for the Samsung Galaxy S / Sprint Epic but Samsung's hardware support is kinda sketchy compared to HTC's. If users have a hardware/software problem HTC gets a patch out eventually. From what I've heard Samsung seems to take forever to patch problems with their hardware/software.
No complaints though, except maybe battery live. I've gotten 16 hours out of it on my best day and still had 15 percent left, but with supper heavy usage, app installs / un-installs / lots of browsing gotten 5 hours to 10 percent.
This is still better then my last smart phone, an HTC Diamond. Just pick up a external battery pack/booster. That way you don't have to worry about it.
Another complaint is it is just slightly too large for my hands. So it often feels like it might get bumped out of my hands. So, I've ordered eGrip grip strips. I'll post about them once I receive them.
I get great reception and I love the phone. I'm getting spoiled by it. I keep looking for an app to make it do even more.07-06-2010 12:02 PM
- My only complaint is the handling of MMS pictures... I don't know what to blame for this, whether it'd be Sprint or the Android software, but considering how the phone is already compressing down the pictures I can send out a 256kb 1296x776 picture, and it'll come back as a tiny 56kb 320x192 picture.. It's annoying.07-06-2010 12:27 PM
Try adjusting the volume of your songs using MP3gain
I have mine equalized at 94db.07-06-2010 01:53 PM
- The EVO launch has had so few complaints it has been weird. But HTC hardware and Android OS are solid. With the few complaints that we saw, hopefully they were smart enough to return their phones within 30 days if for whatever reason they were not happy.
When the Pre was released there was an explosion of problems within days and even hours. Not so with the EVO.07-06-2010 02:12 PM
- Ok thanks trying to decide if i want to wait another 4 months for an evo or cancel sprint and go with the droid x. My phone is an scp 3810 (non smart phone) and in 10 years I've only upgraded the phone twice; but smarty sprint won't let me upgrade early for a smart phone that will triple my currently monthly bill.07-06-2010 02:34 PM
- Ok thanks trying to decide if i want to wait another 4 months for an evo or cancel sprint and go with the droid x. My phone is an scp 3810 (non smart phone) and in 10 years I've only upgraded the phone twice; but smarty sprint won't let me upgrade early for a smart phone that will triple my currently monthly bill.
Oh yeah, I've had mine since launch and I love it. I get excellent battery life and I use the crap out of it. 12-15 hours heavy use, 24+ hrs between charges on weekends when I am not working. The only complain I have is that Robo Defense is sucking time out of my already busy schedule!07-06-2010 04:00 PM
- I came from the BB universe - I love this thing. My only gripes are very, very minor:
1. I don't think the user experience is refined enough for the mainstream yet...my wife is fairly competent as far as your average person goes, and I think she would be lost with this thing. Certainly can't get one for my parents either. Both were able to figure out iOS on their own within minutes, though.
2. The position of the on/off button on the top. My hands aren't frankenstein sized, and it's a pain reaching it with one-handed operation to wake it when it goes to sleep. And it goes to sleep quickly to preserve battery life.
3. I can't use it while I'm driving. I know, I shouldn't be using it in the car anyway, but I was able to do a lot of things quite safely (including make calls) with any BB device, and I don't feel I can do the same safely using the EVO.
Other than that, I agree, this is the most elated I've been since I went from the MOTO Q on VZ to a Blackberry 8830 on Sprint a few years back. Except more so!07-07-2010 12:05 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G
Any complaints from current owners ?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD