Best Buy Just called asked if I want a White EVO...What to do?

jetmanva

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I want to trade my EVO do to the ear buzzing issue. I tried to last week and they where out of stock. They took my name and number and said they will call when they get more in. They have white ones in that arent for sale yet, but they offererd me to trade in. What should i do??

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I want to trade my EVO do to the ear buzzing issue. I tried to last week and they where out of stock. They took my name and number and said they will call when they get more in. They have white ones in that arent for sale yet, but they offererd me to trade in. What should i do??

tell them u want your money back because they are firing the guy who made the idon't cartoon

or take it and sell it on ebay cause u will have an unreleased phone

jetmanva

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the advice...Im courios to check the phone out it is something different. since everyone has a black one...my only concerns are that it will get dirty quick(I dont like the look of the case) and how will i transfer all my apps and back up my messages.

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys for the advice...Im courios to check the phone out it is something different. since everyone has a black one...my only concerns are that it will get dirty quick(I dont like the look of the case) and how will i transfer all my apps and back up my messages.

i would go check it out u can get a battery cover i am sure. i have not looked at the promos for them maybe just the back is white and u can skin that anyway u like or even swap your current battery cover for it
if the rest is white just try it out it will look like an oreo lol

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Well i just called to clarify..I have to bring back everything and I dont get a new screen protector...now im not sure

did you buy the screen protector at best buy with the phone?
if so i would ask to speak to the manager and explain that you have a defective device, witch is out of your control. you purchased a screen protector to protect the device. and that you need a phone exchanged for what you purchased.

jetmanva

May 16, 2010
Visit site
yea i got the Zagg screen protector pre instalelled... and its already peeling...I do have a life time warranty with it though so mabye i should contact Zagg

dekcufi

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
yea i got the Zagg screen protector pre instalelled... and its already peeling...I do have a life time warranty with it though so mabye i should contact Zagg

personally if it was me and my phone was broke i would take the white one and run you can get a carbon skin or anything u want made for it cheap

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
or you can just keep it, I have yet to see a white one but it could actually look, better, you never know, I'm also having mine exchanged but my best buy has both the black and white so I will see which one I wil exchange it for, but I'll be going there after work. I think I may actually get the white one. Its a little change and my phones for the past few years have all been black so I think I will actually get the white one.

Last edited:

jake21

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
See if they will let you swap the back cover of your current phone with the new one. As far as I can tell it is mostly just the back cover that is white. There is a little white strip but it isn't very noticeable if they let you replace the cover. In fact I think it might look better that way then either the all black or white (I hate the white model myself).

thatwilsonguy

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
See if they will let you swap the back cover of your current phone with the new one. As far as I can tell it is mostly just the back cover that is white. There is a little white strip but it isn't very noticeable if they let you replace the cover. In fact I think it might look better that way then either the all black or white (I hate the white model myself).

Actually the edge of phone is white too. Unboxing photos

Also just so you know it is a HW003.

iLOVEhead

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or did HTC did a poor job of putting together a white Evo. They should have also done the black surrounding around the screen also, looks like someone in their basement bought a ebay white evo (Fake) back and added it to their phone. Black looks better.

azkevman

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Is it me or did HTC did a poor job of putting together a white Evo. They should have also done the black surrounding around the screen also, looks like someone in their basement bought a ebay white evo (Fake) back and added it to their phone. Black looks better.

Completely agree. I have been waiting (for 2 weeks) on BB to get stock in of the black EVO so I can exchange mine due to the case cracking near the power button. When I stopped in today and asked if they received any new stock in they said yes, and we started going through the exchange process. When it came time to power up the new device we discovered it was a white one. Turns out the entire shipment that came in was all white EVO's. no black.

I couldn't pull the trigger on swapping out for the white one...I just can't get myself to like the 2 tone color scheme.

So I am back to the waiting game.