Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Best Buy Just called asked if I want a White EVO...What to do?

I want to trade my EVO do to the ear buzzing issue. I tried to last week and they where out of stock. They took my name and number and said they will call when they get more in. They have white ones in that arent for sale yet, but they offererd me to trade in. What should i do??

Go trade it in.

put a case on it?
    Pimpin' Ain't Easy

Trade brother trade! It's going to be newer...and should fix your problem.
    Cellphone pimpin' ain't easy!

Quote Originally Posted by jetmanva View Post
    I want to trade my EVO do to the ear buzzing issue. I tried to last week and they where out of stock. They took my name and number and said they will call when they get more in. They have white ones in that arent for sale yet, but they offererd me to trade in. What should i do??
    tell them u want your money back because they are firing the guy who made the idon't cartoon

or take it and sell it on ebay cause u will have an unreleased phone

I don't know what you should do? Do you like the white phone? Do you hate the white phone? None of us can make that decision for you.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys for the advice...Im courios to check the phone out it is something different. since everyone has a black one...my only concerns are that it will get dirty quick(I dont like the look of the case) and how will i transfer all my apps and back up my messages.

Thanks guys for the advice...Im courios to check the phone out it is something different. since everyone has a black one...my only concerns are that it will get dirty quick(I dont like the look of the case) and how will i transfer all my apps and back up my messages.
    i would go check it out u can get a battery cover i am sure. i have not looked at the promos for them maybe just the back is white and u can skin that anyway u like or even swap your current battery cover for it
    if the rest is white just try it out it will look like an oreo lol
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Well i just called to clarify..I have to bring back everything and I dont get a new screen protector...now im not sure

Android Central has a ton of cases and the prices are always great:
    http://store.androidcentral.com/spri...o-4g-cases.htm

I am loving the Seidio Innocase II Surface for Sprint HTC Evo 4G.

It's only 1 mm thick and lock great. I would oove to hear the differences in the white version. It has to be newer hardware.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓

Global Posts
    381 Global Posts

It's not just the battery cover that's white. The piece that the back attaches to is white also.

Well i just called to clarify..I have to bring back everything and I dont get a new screen protector...now im not sure
    did you buy the screen protector at best buy with the phone?
    if so i would ask to speak to the manager and explain that you have a defective device, witch is out of your control. you purchased a screen protector to protect the device. and that you need a phone exchanged for what you purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by neile457 View Post
    It's not just the battery cover that's white. The piece that the back attaches to is white also.
    The cases cover everything but the display, camera lens and kickstand.
    Milo
    ← Tap Getting Started at the top of any page for help with:
    - Settings - Email - Backup Everything - Phone - Messaging - Music & Photo Sync
    - Keyboards Folders - Favorite Apps - Extending Battery Life - My Avatar
    - iPhone User's Guide to Android - (Palm) - Tablet & Phone Comparison - Epic4GT - ATT - TM
    If this helped, please click Thanks & Like↓
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

yea i got the Zagg screen protector pre instalelled... and its already peeling...I do have a life time warranty with it though so mabye i should contact Zagg

yea i got the Zagg screen protector pre instalelled... and its already peeling...I do have a life time warranty with it though so mabye i should contact Zagg
    personally if it was me and my phone was broke i would take the white one and run you can get a carbon skin or anything u want made for it cheap

or you can just keep it, I have yet to see a white one but it could actually look, better, you never know, I'm also having mine exchanged but my best buy has both the black and white so I will see which one I wil exchange it for, but I'll be going there after work. I think I may actually get the white one. Its a little change and my phones for the past few years have all been black so I think I will actually get the white one.
    Last edited by dkotoric1; 07-06-2010 at 01:23 PM.

See if they will let you swap the back cover of your current phone with the new one. As far as I can tell it is mostly just the back cover that is white. There is a little white strip but it isn't very noticeable if they let you replace the cover. In fact I think it might look better that way then either the all black or white (I hate the white model myself).

Quote Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
    See if they will let you swap the back cover of your current phone with the new one. As far as I can tell it is mostly just the back cover that is white. There is a little white strip but it isn't very noticeable if they let you replace the cover. In fact I think it might look better that way then either the all black or white (I hate the white model myself).
    Actually the edge of phone is white too.

Also just so you know it is a HW003.

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts

Is it me or did HTC did a poor job of putting together a white Evo. They should have also done the black surrounding around the screen also, looks like someone in their basement bought a ebay white evo (Fake) back and added it to their phone. Black looks better.

Quote Originally Posted by iLOVEhead View Post
    Is it me or did HTC did a poor job of putting together a white Evo. They should have also done the black surrounding around the screen also, looks like someone in their basement bought a ebay white evo (Fake) back and added it to their phone. Black looks better.
    Completely agree. I have been waiting (for 2 weeks) on BB to get stock in of the black EVO so I can exchange mine due to the case cracking near the power button. When I stopped in today and asked if they received any new stock in they said yes, and we started going through the exchange process. When it came time to power up the new device we discovered it was a white one. Turns out the entire shipment that came in was all white EVO's. no black.

I couldn't pull the trigger on swapping out for the white one...I just can't get myself to like the 2 tone color scheme.

So I am back to the waiting game.

Its just the back of the phone...keep your battery case haha

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Its just the back of the phone...keep your battery case haha
    That would look even more hideous as you would have a thin white strip all the way around the back outer edge of the phone.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Well I went ahead and got they phone....Im pretty happy the phone looks great...They have def. made some changes somewhere because the new phone seem a lot faster. For example when pulling up the phone book its pretty instant. The white color is growing on me...Even though someone said "damn thats a big iphone"....lol...and the replaced the screen protector with another one...its still made by zagg but its a lot smoother and non sticky then the first one i had.

honestly guys I went to best buy last night cause I had to get a new evo, and they had both the black and white and I ended up getting the white, for one it feels nicer in the hand due the the material and so far I have 4 co-workers that have evo's and they all want a white one now that they have seen mine. Looks allot better in person then pictures.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

Go to Zagg's website and register your screen protector (if you haven't already). Then click -> My Account ->View Your Order History & Get Warranty Replacements ->Find your invoice # and click Replace. When it asks for a reason, choose -> My device needed repair and I need a new InvisibleSHIELD

It will cost you 3 or 4 dollars for shipping, and if you don't send the old one back in time you will get billed for the replacement, if it gets to them within 25 days of you request for replacement you will not be billed any further.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast