Upgrading from Palm Pre to EVO

brichter45

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding upgrading to from my Pre to the EVO. I qualify for Sprints early upgrade but I bought my Pre through Best Buy. Has anyone upgraded their phone through Sprint even though they bought their original from Best Buy. I don't know if there is anything holding me to Best Buy. Thanks.

rev177#AC

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did just call sprint or go to a sprint store and upgrade. I am still missing a few things from my Pre but overall I like the Evo(some of it is just time with the device0 i was so used to my pre now I have to get used to this, However it does alot of things faster.

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding upgrading to from my Pre to the EVO. I qualify for Sprints early upgrade but I bought my Pre through Best Buy. Has anyone upgraded their phone through Sprint even though they bought their original from Best Buy. I don't know if there is anything holding me to Best Buy. Thanks.

There shouldnt be. Best Buy just gets paid per activation. After that and your 30 days with the phone Sprint handles the account. So if your early upgrade is available you can do it anywhere. (Sprint, best buy, radioshack,etc)

Holsum

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Yes I did just call sprint or go to a sprint store and upgrade. I am still missing a few things from my Pre but overall I like the Evo(some of it is just time with the device0 i was so used to my pre now I have to get used to this, However it does alot of things faster.

LMAO did you even read the thread?

brichter45

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I think the only thing i might miss from Pre is the notification handling. I hate my hardware since i've had to replace it 3 times now. I'm excited to join the Android junkies!!

on a second note, does anyone recommend Best Buy over Sprint for replacement plans? I know I paid for Best Buys warranty on my phone and it actually worked out really well when the hardware crapped out on me. Does sprint offer something comparable?

Thanks

rev177#AC

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys, I think the only thing i might miss from Pre is the notification handling. I hate my hardware since i've had to replace it 3 times now. I'm excited to join the Android junkies!!

on a second note, does anyone recommend Best Buy over Sprint for replacement plans? I know I paid for Best Buys warranty on my phone and it actually worked out really well when the hardware crapped out on me. Does sprint offer something comparable?

Thanks

The notification on the Evo works as well IMHO after you get used to it. Less obtrusive as well

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez