1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Upgrading from Palm Pre to EVO

Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding upgrading to from my Pre to the EVO. I qualify for Sprints early upgrade but I bought my Pre through Best Buy. Has anyone upgraded their phone through Sprint even though they bought their original from Best Buy. I don't know if there is anything holding me to Best Buy. Thanks.

Yes I did just call sprint or go to a sprint store and upgrade. I am still missing a few things from my Pre but overall I like the Evo(some of it is just time with the device0 i was so used to my pre now I have to get used to this, However it does alot of things faster.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by brichter45 View Post
    Hey guys, I have a quick question regarding upgrading to from my Pre to the EVO. I qualify for Sprints early upgrade but I bought my Pre through Best Buy. Has anyone upgraded their phone through Sprint even though they bought their original from Best Buy. I don't know if there is anything holding me to Best Buy. Thanks.
    There shouldnt be. Best Buy just gets paid per activation. After that and your 30 days with the phone Sprint handles the account. So if your early upgrade is available you can do it anywhere. (Sprint, best buy, radioshack,etc)
    Thanked by:

That does'nt matter, you can go buy it anywhere for the upgraded price.

Quote Originally Posted by rev177 View Post
    Yes I did just call sprint or go to a sprint store and upgrade. I am still missing a few things from my Pre but overall I like the Evo(some of it is just time with the device0 i was so used to my pre now I have to get used to this, However it does alot of things faster.
    LMAO did you even read the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    LMAO did you even read the thread?
    Umm yes, I also added my 2 cents coming over from the pre as well. Is that a problem????

people seem realy unfriendly here
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Thanks guys, I think the only thing i might miss from Pre is the notification handling. I hate my hardware since i've had to replace it 3 times now. I'm excited to join the Android junkies!!

on a second note, does anyone recommend Best Buy over Sprint for replacement plans? I know I paid for Best Buys warranty on my phone and it actually worked out really well when the hardware crapped out on me. Does sprint offer something comparable?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brichter45 View Post
    Thanks guys, I think the only thing i might miss from Pre is the notification handling. I hate my hardware since i've had to replace it 3 times now. I'm excited to join the Android junkies!!

on a second note, does anyone recommend Best Buy over Sprint for replacement plans? I know I paid for Best Buys warranty on my phone and it actually worked out really well when the hardware crapped out on me. Does sprint offer something comparable?

Thanks

The notification on the Evo works as well IMHO after you get used to it. Less obtrusive as well
    Thanked by:
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

The notification on the Evo works as well IMHO after you get used to it. Less obtrusive as well
    Right, it will be nice to have a bigger keyboard again... the pre's keyboard took a while for my fat fingers to get used to

Umm yes, I also added my 2 cents coming over from the pre as well. Is that a problem????

people seem realy unfriendly here

my apologies i didn't mean to be unfriendly in any way.

Quote Originally Posted by Holsum View Post
    my apologies i didn't mean to be unfriendly in any way.
    No problem sorry little grouchy 2 sick kids at home and no sleep.....
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Now if Sprints website would just make the EVO available instead of saying it's out of stock..

Not to mention if you go through Sprint you have the $100 mail in rebate. Best buy you don't have to worry about mail in rebate.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Well the only one that best buy offers online currently is the White...