On the Fence .. Need Help Plz

VKitty

Mar 30, 2010
Visit site
I have been looking at the EVO, and just waiting till all the launch day noncense it out of the way when I read about this

The Droid X

Looks very impressive, it has everything the EVO has, and MORE

It will also probably get updates faster, and I will have to wait a see if they have any of the launch problems EVO has has.

So, I am not sure if I want to go with the EVO or Droid X . I know I should pick the carrier first, but I do not mind either. So, its the phone that is gonna sway me.

Anyone have any thoughts on either phone?

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
You didn't do your research very well. It doesn't have everything the Evo has "and more". I was in the same boat because I was within my 30 days until last weekend, but decided on keeping the Evo because:

• Rooting the X is still questionable. The bootloader may be signed and I want my tethering free
  • Not a fan of hardware buttons at all
  • Verizon's plans are still too expensive

Most all new hardware are going to have some issue(s). Yes, even the iPhone 4 has it's own share, so you can guarantee that the X will have something going on just after launch. It's something you deal with to have bragging rights and being an early adopter.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Droid X is ugly IMO. looks like an "80's TV remote control mated with an 80's digital camera".

EVO is sleek and beautiful and has HTC Sense "special sauce".

Sprint has 4G and the plans are cheaper.

bassmanxu

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Not a fan of Rooting,

Dont mind the hardware buttons.

Could take or leave both Verizon and Sprint.

Despite your OP, seems like you have made up your mind already. You will extend your wait time, but why not just wait and test out the X in the store on launch day? I just got my EVO last week and love it so far - no major problems to speak of, battery life is more than sufficient to get me through the day. And I'm the only person at the office watching World Cup at my desk on the EVO..... You're picking between two (probably) great phones, but EVO is outstanding and Sprint plans are impossible to beat.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
The two devices are just about the same with few minor differences. Outside of the front-facing camera and 4G on the EVO, they are about the sane. Slightly different design. Bit you can't go wrong with either. They are the two best devices you can get come this month. I have the EVO and couldn't be happier.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
It will also probably get updates faster, and I will have to wait a see if they have any of the launch problems EVO has has.

Most all new hardware are going to have some issue(s). Yes, even the iPhone 4 has it's own share, so you can guarantee that the X will have something going on just after launch. It's something you deal with to have bragging rights and being an early adopter.

Based on my personal experience with some launch devices, they've all had some issues. I have been up in the air with getting the EVO as well and after reading both the pros and cons on this site I think I'm gonna get one soon.

brichter45

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a noob question, if you root your phone does HTC sense still work? The only reason i would root it is to get Wifi tethering for free. I don't want to hijack this forum just wondering. Thanks.

msw323

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
I have a noob question, if you root your phone does HTC sense still work? The only reason i would root it is to get Wifi tethering for free. I don't want to hijack this forum just wondering. Thanks.

Yes, sense still works just fine. If you flash your Rom to a non sense version, then.........

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Search for techbuffalo on Youtube. He's done a comparison of the two phones. You may or may not agree with all the test scenarios and results.

Both are very good phones. Each has some advantages and some disadvantages compared to the other. I prefer Sense to Motoblur from what I've seen. The Evo support flash to some extent, the X doesn't, yet. The Evo borders on too big to put in my pocket, especially in jeans, and the X is even bigger. Verizon's pricing is a major disadvantage for me, so even if the X was dramatically better I doubt I'd choose it.

I'm also not sure why you think the X will get upgrades sooner than the Evo. There's no reason I'm aware of to assume that.

YMMV: