1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Made some neat backgrounds if anyone wants em....

Hey ya'll. I do photography sometimes and made these little backgrounds for my phone. Uploaded them to my picasa account so they're not right size to save here, but if you like em, pm me and I'll send you the full size ones. They're all darkened a bit so that icons and text is legible on them. Relly like the busted up building one the best personally. Looks nice on the phone.

Thanked by 4:

i like the first one
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I thought I would too, but I didn't really end up being a huge fan of it on the phone itself. It seems like it would be cool because it's kinda not really distracting, but the exterior of that building just looks awesome. That's a portion of a humongous stitch I did of this train depot in detroit and so it's super crisp and there's so much cool detail to make out. My wife's last name is Hodge and I only noticed the other day that "hodge" is spray painted in the lower left area of it. CREEPY!

Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

I love the 3rd, but not for my phone ;D

I love the 2nd and 3rd ones.

As soon as I get some time I'm going to figure out what proportions you have to set the size to in order for the EVO to display the image properly.
    When you can snatch the pebble from my hand, then it will be time for you to leave.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

It's 960x800

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

Those are some cool photos look like they would make great backgrounds.

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Could you send me the last one? Thanks

Global Posts
    691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Rooted

All three are beautiful images that I like looking at...but none would work (for me) as a wall paper.

In general, I'm surprised at the number of dark-toned wallpapers. For me, any time I've used one, the contrast between the wallpaper and icons/widgets is often too low, and I find usability suffers. I love the HTC "Water" live wallpaper, but it's too dark and I always end up swapping it out for an abstract static image in light blues/tans to make the icons pop out better.

YMMV, probably an artifact of old eyes and bad vision. Lovin' my Evo because of the honking-big screen that makes it easier to read. *sigh*