Internal memory upgrade?

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Is thier any way that anyone has heard of to get the internal memory upgraded on An Evo 4G?

I would upgrade to a new phone but I don't really like any of the new ones that are out.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Android Central Forum App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Not that I'm aware of... I'm sure some real true techy electronic guru's can pull it off but in all honestly the internal memory wasn't meant to be touched, modified or upgraded.

Even if you were to manage to change out the internal memory chip, then you would also have to alter and modify bios and such to accept and properly repartition the new memory.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Main thing that got me thinking about is is how you used to be able to get pda internal memory upgraded.

My only dislike with the LTE is the integrated battery, total deal killer for me.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I fully agree.. The integrated battery is a big deal killer for many. So many reviews and opinions have been mentioned over this on how its not a big deal but to many it is.. Lifestyles where people go out for entire day of 12-14-16 hours plus and are heavy users of their phones camera, video, surfing, etc will eat up batteries and they are accustomed to carrying an extra battery to swap out.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Yep, not to mention you can upgrade to a higher capacity battery.

I don't have an unlimited plan for just the bragging rights.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
You can root your phone and get rid of any bloatware or flash a new ROM. It can make the phone feel like a totally different phone.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
You can root your phone and get rid of any bloatware or flash a new ROM. It can make the phone feel like a totally different phone.

Yes removing a bunch of bloat and unused apps will give you a gain in internal memory too

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm a big HTC fan, but the battery on the RAZR Maxx is untouchable.

Try SD Maid Pro, might help speed you up by cleaning your system. Worked well for me :beer:

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using Tapatalk 2

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Is thier any way that anyone has heard of to get the internal memory upgraded on An Evo 4G?

I would upgrade to a new phone but I don't really like any of the new ones that are out.

Sent from my HTC Evo 4G using Android Central Forum App

OP are you currently rooted? If you are I would recommend to partition your SD card and flash a rom with A2SD baked in. This will free up plenty of space and low memory warnings will be a thing of the past. If not rooted or not interested in this route, the other poster's tips are worth a try.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
No, not rooted.

Been thinking about doing it but havn't had the time.

On SD memory I have no shortage, (32gb card) its the internal memory that is the problem, particularly with the mountains of non-removable crap Sprint keeps clogging it up with, none of which I use.

Pre-dawn raid

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
No, not rooted.

Been thinking about doing it but havn't had the time.

On SD memory I have no shortage, (32gb card) its the internal memory that is the problem, particularly with the mountains of non-removable crap Sprint keeps clogging it up with, none of which I use.

That statment right there is one of the primary benefits of being rooted. Banish all that crap for good and free up some memory.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Ok, is thier a good guide to rooting including what info you will need to note and re-enter to get everything working again?

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Could someone please explain "Rooting" to me please.

In Unix terms "root" is simply defined as having system level access. This is very dangerous on android, as reloading the os in case of a system crash (due to changing system level files) is much harder than it is on a traditional desktop/laptop environment.

Imagine this, if you brick a component in your pc you can replace it. If you brick a component on your smartphone it becomes useless. My advice, if you do want to root, do plenty of research on it and know exactly what you are doing before you do it.

Root is often reserved only for system admins and it was removed from android for very good reasons.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2