Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Darn live wallpapers.

I know they use battery but they are sure cool. I am using one called flying android wallpaper. Its pretty neat.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I still get a small giggle from feeding the fish on my aquarium live wallpaper.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

Default Re: Darn live wallpapers.

I agree, they are pretty darn neat and I think we'll see even better ones in the near future.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk + Swype
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by csc129 View Post
    I still get a small giggle from feeding the fish on my aquarium live wallpaper.
    I'll have to give that one a try. The main three I use is red eye scanner, flying android, and the star field.

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

How do you feed the fish?

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Quote Originally Posted by tnnm View Post
    How do you feed the fish?
    double tap the screen.

At first I stayed away from live wallpapers to save battery, but now I've been using the aquarium for about 10 days, and it's only 3% of the usage. Seems worth it to me. Thats way down in the noise-level compared to the power consumption due to my office being in a bad reception spot.

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

my fish died

i had the super mario bros, left phone on for 3 days and mario got stuck inbetween two cannons.

needless to say DELETE!!! back to the fish bowl

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Im currently using " Stonerview " live wallpaper... pretty neat stuff

I'm using Seeds of Life. Very cool.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

Using the Super Mario one myself - he just got stuck on my screen too - but the easy fix is to just go in to the wallpaper configure and tell it to skip the level - it starts a new level and no more stuck mario!

I haven't noticed any adverse battery effects from running it either

EDIT: The seeds of life one just looks like a bunch of sperm swimming around on your screen?
    Last edited by Argent; 07-08-2010 at 07:35 AM.
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound
    HP Touchpad w/ CM7 Alpha 3
    Vignette (The BEST camera app) review

gimmie a link to the stonerview. i've got the legendary flying toasters wallpaper on mine. oh wait, i think that's the screen saver. still is bad ***.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    578 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by briang View Post
    gimmie a link to the stonerview. i've got the legendary flying toasters wallpaper on mine. oh wait, i think that's the screen saver. still is bad ***.
    just type "stonerview" in marketplace search and its the free one listed.

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

OMG - Flying Toasters FTW!
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound

don't you live wallpaper since it lags the phone. Trying scrolling through your apps and watch how it lags compared to a static wallpaper.

I want someone to make a better version of the Droid eye. Ill buy it when its done... The ones out now are too simple.. If they can make mario I know they can make a better droid eye lol

ROM
    BAMF Rezound ICS v0.6

I don't see my Incredible lagging at all while running any of the live wallpapers....

youngzayiles - have you tried the droid eye live wallpaper from the Droid X? that's the best one I've seen so far
    ~Paul
    HTC ReZound

Global Posts
    217 Global Posts

AniPet Aquarium and Koi. Awsome! Doesn't show up in AppBrain though.

Quote Originally Posted by Argent View Post
    I don't see my Incredible lagging at all while running any of the live wallpapers....

youngzayiles - have you tried the droid eye live wallpaper from the Droid X? that's the best one I've seen so far
    Yeah I have that one.... Im waiting to see if someone could do one thats simular to the droid comertials

like the end of this commercial... ... Thats a live wallpaper id pay for in a heartbeat..

I don't think the live wallpaper can drain the battery, or slow the phone, except when it's actually being displayed. If you're in another app, it's going to be inactive in the background like any other app not being used.

Even using the Mario wallpaper, which must be the most cpu intensive one there is, I don't see a slowdown when scrolling through my apps under the settings menu, or opening or switching between apps.

Edit: Using the System Panel app, and looking at real-time cpu usage, the Mario wallpaper appears to use zero cpu when it's not actually being displayed. If it's not using cpu, it can't slow any other activity.
    Last edited by meyerweb; 07-08-2010 at 09:25 PM.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

If I've helped you, please click the "Thanks" button.

Have a Galaxy S3? Click here ==> Everything you wanted to know about your Galaxy S3
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

I tried both ways and I don't see any battery loss, just coolness from the wallpaper.

ROM
    CM7

I used one called shake them all. Very very cool.

Anipet aquarium is very cool but slows down my phone a bit. I use aquarium live donation version sometimes and i wish they had freshwater fish like discus, cardinal tetras, and cories.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast