How often do you use the HDMI port for video out?

How often do you use the HDMI port for video out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
In lieu of HTC acknowledging the software is capping the framerate, how import is it?

Pretty straightforward poll.

storino03

May 31, 2010
Visit site
so much as a touted feature by HTC/Sprint. You guys should be using it. It's like if they had a third camera on the back of the bottom for 3D pictures but no one uses it.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Considering the high fail rate of it even working properly, I've not bothered. I've yet to see a reason for me to use it.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I have a cable and even if it worked fantastically I probably wouldn't use it except to see how it worked or in a very rare situation.

ajbrickyard

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Not very often, used it twice since I've had the phone, actually four times but 2 of the TVs it wouldn't work on. Plus I wanted to use it mostly to view videos recorded with the phone but with the crappy codec it's not worth using.

sent from AJ's EVO 4G

PWBarrett

May 8, 2010
Visit site
It's okay, but the videos that the phone can keep up with only look so-so when blown up on a big-screen tv. And RockPlayer won't output to HDMI, so it's a nuisance to convert videos for the stock player. Still, beats the heck outa the analog video out on earlier phones like the TP2.

flynlow

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I use it fairly often, youtube and hulu mostly. Those look only fair. Vids I have taken with the phone absolutely suck. The 30fps cap is obvious with the choppy crud it puts out from a phone taken vid. Still pics look good though.

sYnOnYx

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I think HTC should have included this in the phone packaging.

I also think, the HDMI dock should have been out by now.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
my buddy has a 55" Samsung LED TV. i took some 720p video with my EVO and played it on his TV via the TV's USB port via a microSD card adapter. the TV has a built in Media Player.

why am i telling you this? because you may not necessarily need a micro HDMI cable if you have a TV with above features.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781