No 3g?

Layla.J

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing interrupted 3g data today? Four times now, I've had to switch to wifi in order to reply to an email because my 3g has disappeared. I looked to make sure the "always on mobile data" was checked and it was.

jrun

May 27, 2010
Visit site
What area do you live in? In Denver where i am, sprint is having some issues with their 3G. Over on some other forums people are posting about it.. Someone said they heard from sprint that the 3G was being interrupted because some 4G rollout / testing they are doing here.

Layla.J

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
Oh, ok. I'm in Fort Worth. Hopefully mine is being interrupted for the same reason. I usually get a very low to no 4f signal at all. Roll outs are always welcome.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I am in Dallas and not having any problems with my 3G. I have had a few times where i lost my data connection in the past, and then turned off my device and re-started it. That seemed to fix the immediate problem.

Since the 4G and WiFi update they released last week, my 4G has gotten worse. I went from low signal to not connecting in a lot of places i had service. Or it will say 4G Network Available and not actually connect to it.

SNAFU

Jul 2, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone else been experiencing interrupted 3g data today? Four times now, I've had to switch to wifi in order to reply to an email because my 3g has disappeared. I looked to make sure the "always on mobile data" was checked and it was.

Happened to me today on my at&t Blackjack II
Could not get 3g to work at all.

Estylo

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
In New Jersey at the moment and I just experienced the same thing with the 3g, however in Philly the 4g was fine.

Layla.J

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I am in Dallas and not having any problems with my 3G. I have had a few times where i lost my data connection in the past, and then turned off my device and re-started it. That seemed to fix the immediate problem.

Since the 4G and WiFi update they released last week, my 4G has gotten worse. I went from low signal to not connecting in a lot of places i had service. Or it will say 4G Network Available and not actually connect to it.

Well, that explains my decreased 4g signal. I didn't realize that there was an update last week. However, whatever they did to the WiFi must have helped me because that signal is stronger.

Loogie

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I've been having periodic problems with 3G. It seems like it occurs most when my EVO has been plugged in for a while. The 3G icon will disappear all together. When I go to the Settings menu-->Wireless & Networks --> Mobile Network it just says "Connecting" and it's dimmed. It will flash undimmed periodically but never connects (the widget does the same thing). Yesterday I applied the OTA ROM and it seems to have gotten better. I've been restarting the phone to fix it. Next time I'll try updating the profile. Also, I've been periodically getting messages telling me that my password is invalid and that I need to re-provision my phone, but when I click "Try Again" it always works. Wierd stuff - and the frequency seems to be increasing.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I had that problem yesterday and a bit today. When it happens, the battery warms up and its life goes down.I did a PRL update and that may help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance