Friend Stream problem updating FB

itzhobbes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
For some reason when I try to update my status on friend stream it says that it's unable to update facebook please try again later. It's been doing it all night so far. I've done clearing the data from the Friend Stream app and then removing the widget then removing facebook account and turning off the phone. Then I turned it back on, logged back into facebook and put the app back on the screen. No Luck. Any other users experiencing this?

itzhobbes

May 22, 2010
Visit site
The app and via the browser it works. It just through friend stream it doesn't seem to work when earlier in the day it did.

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue, and can confirm that it just started happening yesterday. I'm also finding that the widget works fine for Twitter, and I'm also seeing that if I try to launch the actual FriendStream application, it force-closes.

I also noted yesterday afternoon that the Facebook web interface changed slightly (e.g., I now see user thumbnails on my notifications). I wonder if Facebook updated their APIs, and FriendStream is having trouble talking to the Facebook servers?

jeffro77

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah I had the same problems above and I followed the steps rebooted and then hit that little arrow on frindstream and it worked again...

justinsaneeeee

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, on the basis of a thread at HTC ( Friend Stream/ Facebook Problems After 1.47.651.1 update 06/28 - HTC EVO™ 4G (Sprint) - Android Forums - HTC Community ), this fix worked for me:

Home > Menu > Settings > Accounts & sync > Facebook for HTC Sense
Remove account, confirm remove
Add account > Facebook for HTC Sense
Populate login credentials, tap "Sign in"
Close out of settings and take a look at FriendStream

I hope this works for you, too.

Yea this did not work for me I deleted the accound then added it again and it still says forceclose ive had this problem since I got the phone if will update once when i master reset it then after that it will not update.

Ether2

Nov 18, 2013
Visit site
I did same but in my case it is saying "The service is currently unavailable. Do you want to try again?" evertime i press yes it shows again and again. Please help me anyone, I need the phone numbers of my friends......:( :( :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad