Contest: Win one of 10 cases from Seidio
07-13-2010 02:24 PM
- I was taking my evo to the bathroom because I love to check my feeds while having some down time with no 2 . I see there was a link on youtube for the latest progress on CM6 so I bring it up on youtube HD, pop out the kickstand and place it on the rim of my bathtub in perfect viewing distance. Unfortunately porcelain is surprisingly slippery, so a case would have saved my evo from taking an unnecessary fall07-09-2010 12:02 PM
- Being an OCD freak when it comes to a phone I just paid full MSRP for, I try to be as careful as possible when handling the device. That said, the only thing I DREAD is when I am showing off my phone to a friend or relative.
Speaking of which, just yesterday 4 days after having my EVO and handling it with extra care, a co-worker comes to my desk, picks my phone up without asking, messes around with it and as he is going to put it back onto my desk it SLIPS OUT of his hand bounces off the desk and onto the floor
I don't know how the phone was completely undamaged but boy do I need a proper case. PICK ME07-09-2010 12:04 PM
- Two weeks ago, I was engaged in less than discreet activities with my mother-in-law, when I received a call on my Evo from my wife (displaying her picture on the beautiful large size screen). As I quickly tried to grab the phone from the night table and end the call I dropped the phone on the marble floor. Needless to say, the interruption soured things and my screen now has a hairline fracture in it, which could've been prevented had I demonstrated better judgment in both areas (i.e. innappropriate relations with my mother-in-law , not to mention, investing in a case for my phone. Please help!07-09-2010 12:06 PM
- Yesterday after work I had my EVO and keys in one hand pulling my Laptop on wheels bag and holding a grass cutter blade in the other hand. And to help things along, I'm on my 4th day of limited sleep. Well being semi alert I notice the corner edge of the mower blade was close to the screen glass of the evo.. I know keys and knives have no effect, but a bop from the blade might crack the glass. So I decided to flip the phone over to the back side to protect the phone glass. That's when it happen, I dropped the phone.. Using knee and foot action I slowed the dropping phone onto the top of my sneakers and it slide safely to the parking lot ground. I see just a teeny mark, but its all good. I'm sure if I had my phone in a Seido's case, I would fair better, I would say much better. Don't ask me why I had my phone out.. I have no idea.. Also the company that got a email from me from yesterday was asking what it meant. Well, the email was not for them. So I'm not this way.. Maybe old.. But no, I better than this..
Old07-09-2010 12:08 PM
- I usually keep my phone on the charger while i am at work next to me on the desk.
Basically when i rolled my chair back the arm caught the cable and whipped the phone off the table and down to the floor. Thankfully it bungee'd itself back up before actually hitting the ground and didn't take any damage.
I knew it was going to happen eventually thankfully it didn't hit the ground and break it.07-09-2010 12:09 PM
- I have yet to drop my EVO, since I try very hard to keep this phone clean... My Palm Pre from which I am coming from hard to go through some tough times without a case. I never found a case that fit well on the body of that phone, and that is why I know I will need a case for the EVO. The Pre was deep in my pocket when I went snowboarding and when I tripped up and fell down on a patch of ice, the Pre was there to brake my fall by having my knee slam right into it. We both came out alive, but damaged.
This isn't exactly the rules, since it's about my Pre, but it should apply just the same. I don't want to drop it on concrete like I did to the Pre a few times and have to bare looking at the chipped spots07-09-2010 12:10 PM
- Wow! I was almost shocked when I saw this contest, since the story I'm about to tell you happened just last night.
I work a part time, second job a few nights a week as a server for a local country club's banquet department. I just got my HTC Evo 4G a few weeks ago, and have had it glued to my hip ever since. Well, last night, I had a low battery due to not charging it the night before, and decided it would be a good idea to charge the battery in the back (on a shelf), which also happens to be where they collect & clean the dishes from the evening's banquet.
So I let my phone sit for a few hours to charge, unattended, while I go through my normal work routine. What I didn't know, is that the shelf I put the phone on is directly above where they pile all of the used silverware into buckets for cleaning...throughout the night they're tossing used silverware into the bucket until it's full (close to 80lbs of silverware per bucket).
At some point in the night, my phone decided to take a trip from the shelf it was charging on, and somehow ended up falling into one of the silverware bins. No big deal...except I was completely oblivious to it's misstep, and apparently, so were the bussers who were piling silverware on top of my phone for an hour and a half. Tray after tray of stainless steal, knives, forks, spoons, and all the food residue you could imagine burying my phone under a lifeless heap of metal. The only indication of it's wear abouts was the charging cord coming out the back of the tub...inevitably leading me to my poor, scratched up (but fully charged!) Evo 4G.
Knives & forks may have taken their toll on my Evo, and it's bare skinned stock case, but I learned a hard lesson. As soon as I get my replacement Evo in from Sprint, I'll be keeping a case on it from day one. My current Evo still works...but I'm not sure I can deal with the cosmetic damage endured last night.
Help me Seidio! With your Active Case on my new Evo, I can rest easy knowing my phone is safe from the perils of attack by way of utensils!07-09-2010 12:10 PM
- Picture this: I am getting out of my car in the parking lot at work with 3 inch heels on, Evo, laptop, and purse in hand. The parking lot looks like a mine field because the company I work for is too cheap to repave. As I stumble to the building while trying to avoid the potholes and earthquake sized cracks, one of my heels wedges into the ground. My purse goes flying with my makeup rolling away, my laptop clatters on the pavement, or what looks like rubble, and my precious Evo sails through the air and slides under to the middle of one of the biggest pickup trucks ever. I am on the ground with skinned knees and all I can think about is my brand new phone smashed into bits. I crawl under the truck and the phone is surprisingly in one piece. My decorative skin is scratched to crap but my Evo is unharmed, thank God.07-09-2010 12:11 PM
- I regularly run with my EVO due to it being my all in one device. I can't seem to find a suitable armstrap for this baby anywhere so when I run I'm subjected to holding the phone in my hand. Twice now it's slipped out of my hand/I dragged a foot and lost balance and my poor EVO has gone tumbling! Once (thankfully) she landed in the grass, and the other instance wasn't so lucky. Screen first onto pavement. Luckily she's completely unharmed! I've been eyeballing a Seidio Active Case for a bit now. Would absolutely make my day!07-09-2010 12:12 PM
- I have to admit that I worry a lot about the scratching the camera lens cover on the Evo. Every time I set the thing down I try to find a soft spot so the lens cover will be safe.
The biggest benefit of a case, I believe, is protecting the camera lens cover so I can keep taking sharp pictures!07-09-2010 12:13 PM
- I just got my Evo on Wed, and I had it in my pocket walking out to my car...got home all excited to use it, and when I stepped out of the car....there goes my brand new Evo falling out of my pocket and crashing to the ground. Thankfully it was just a couple little scratches on the corner...but I thought to myself...damnit, if I'd have had a case I wouldn't even have a scratch on it.07-09-2010 12:14 PM
- I was at camp over the 4th of July weekend. I was showing off my EVO to a bunch of Iphone People, when i went to get up i forgot my EVO was in my lap. As i stood up my EVO began to free fall on to the ground, with a swift light foot grab i tossed the EVO up into the air and safely grabbed with my hands....BOTH HANDS...wow i feel good now that my EVO is safe.07-09-2010 12:15 PM
- An near miss huh?
I didn't get a case when I first got the phone because the one I wanted wasn't in at the time. So I went to my sisters house and put my phone down on the couch while I went to go talk to her.
I watched as my little one year old niece crawled up to the couch and sat down, and thought nothing of it. Little did I know, she has a habit of making pee explode out of her diaper when she has to go.
The couch got it the worst...
...my phone...and a good 6in perimeter around the the phone...unscathed by the torrential rains!07-09-2010 12:21 PM
- I got my Evo on launch day, I was going to get gas at a gas station, phone started ringing, pulled it out of my pocket, got caught on the edge of my pocket and dropped, landed on the corner, shattering the screen, luckily I had a screen protector on it so I can still semi-use it. Pics:07-09-2010 12:22 PM
- Ok, So I live in Boston and I am constantly on my feet and EVO in hand. On a day to day basis I have to hop onto a crowed train, on multiply occasions I have been listening to music only to have my EVO ripped out of my hands because my headphone cable would get snagged on somebody trying to get off the train! Luckily it has only taken one fall and many close calls! This is a launch day Evo (actually the first sold @ Coolidge Corner RS) and I could use a case to keep it intact! Thanks guys!
p.s Im also pretty clumsy...so a case would be awesome! Loving the EVO!07-09-2010 12:23 PM
- Unfortunately, this is not an unusual story for me. I wear a suit to work nearly every day. When I was starting out in the world of PDAs and Smartphone, I didn't take as much care to protect my devices as I should.
On at least three occasions, I got out of my car, put on my suit coat, and reached down for my briefcase, only to see--in what seemed to be super slow motion--my device crashing to the parking lot pavement.
I lost a Dell Axim X50v this way, and nearly lost a couple of Treo's, too.
However, had I been using a Seidio Active or Rugged Case, the fall may not have even happened, and if it did, the damage would have been prevented.
Lesson learned the hard way.
And, with my clumsiness, the Rugged is probably the safest bet for my EVO!07-09-2010 12:28 PM
- How about a short and sweet story.. without the fluff.. I dropped my first evo 3x, 3rd time the screen cracked. Had it replaced by insurance. I have since dropped my new evo twice.. the back plastic cover has a crack in it. I know.. butterfingers right.. but for some reason my brain forgets that i have my phone in my lap.. and it goes flying whenever i stand up or get out of my car. Perpetual cycle i have yet to break. (no problem breaking the phones though)07-09-2010 12:31 PM
- HTC Android Phones
- More HTC Phones
- HTC EVO Series
- HTC EVO 4G
Contest: Win one of 10 cases from Seidio
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD