1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default how to make crisp contacts pics

anyone have any pointers on getting nice sleek looking contact pics on the evo?
    i put up this nice pics but they get distorted or blurry

I had the same problem when I synced my phone with my Google contacts for the first time. To fix it I had to re-add every contact, originally linked through Google, to appear under phone. Yea, time-consuming and very much annoying. It worked, tho. All my contact pics are clear and crisp.
    Thanked by:

and how is this done?

Basically, you'll need to physically re-add your contacts. You know, as if you're adding a new contact?! But, when the system prompts you to select Google contact or Phone contact, select Phone contact. For some reason the images aren't rendered correctly when synced through Google. *shrugs* I'm not at all sure why this is or if this will be the case with everybody. But, like I said, it's what I did to resolve the issue. This method will especially suck if you have tons of contacts.

Try it out... Lemme know if it works.

Pain in the ****! lol.. no biggie. Maybe a update in the future will resolve our issue. Thanks for the help!

I should also mention that I recently did a factory reset and, after restoring from a backup, my contacts were resynced with Google. But this time the images rendered correctly. *shrugs*

Global Posts
    89 Global Posts

Google pics are resized to 96x96 when uploaded to their server. Problem is our phones display them much larger.
    So if you use a google contact picture, it will look horrible when scaled up.
    One option is to link the contacts' facebook picture and use that instead. It still looks terrible, but not as terrible.
    Other option is as said, create duplicate contacts and use the "phone contacts" option. This will use the image file you put in, shrunken to whatever it is our phones display them at.

Couldn't you just make a copy of the phonebook to your memory card, delete all of the "google" contacts on your phone, and then restore you contacts to the phone? It will ask you that option when importing them...

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

What I did on 2 of my contacts was to delete the picture and re-add the picture but then I zoomed out (like you do when setting up the wallpaper) and that made a huge difference.

I don't think it's just google. I deleted every contact and added them back one by one but connected them to facebook. When I did this, the pics look horrible if someone called me(worse than before)