Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Never gonna get an Evo :( UPDATE-Got an Evo!!

Ugh!
    I have tried everything and everywhere and can't get one!
    Got on a waiting list at one sprint store...but they can't tell me WHERE on the list I am??
    Have called every other sprint store near me...some say they are don't have them and aren't allowed to do waiting lists.
    One store told me they have them...but you can only get one if you are on their waiting list which is >200 people.
    None of the Best Buys have them here.
    While at the mall yesterday I stopped by the sprint kiosk. The girl told me they would be getting some between 1 and 2:00 today. She said they didn't have a waiting list, but took my # and said she would call me as soon as they arrive.
    So, today at 1:00 sharp as I was picking my daughter up from camp I called them. They said they were waiting for them to arrive. I headed straight there (arriving about 1:15). When I got there they said they were SOLD OUT! The thing that really ticked me off is that one of the guys that got one said the reason he did was because he was on the WAITING LIST! WTH???
    Why would the girl tell me there is no waiting list...and there IS???? And, to add fuel to the fire....the same girl was there and said she didn't remember me or remember telling me that...are you KIDDING??? It was just yesterday!
    It's not so much that I am mad I didn't get one (although I am not happy about it)....it's that she had me shlep up there (with a cranky 3 year old) for NO REASON .
    Every store and place are doing things differently and it's completely frustrating. Meanwhile my BB Curve is driving me nuts.
    I am tempted to just go get an iphone.....but that's really not what I want.
    Sorry to rant....just FRUSTRATED

Woohoo!!!!!!!!
    Got my Evo...see my update post #31
    Last edited by briallie; 07-10-2010 at 12:54 AM.

Keep trying man just keep at it, also try Sprint.com and try a different best buy , radio shack away from where you live.
    Get Android Enjoy The Freedom.

I have a waiting list 34 deep here at my store. Which is only about a week wait....

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Wallmart carries them as well. Keep trying different stores, I would recommend calling.
    </awesome>
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thanks for the tips...calling all over

Definitely keep trying man...the phone's definitely worth the wait and it keeps getting better all the time between htc updates and the xda development... It definitely is the best phone I have ever had and this from a guy who went through new phones every six months!

Sent from my Supersonic using Skyfire
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I called 7 different stores for a week and a half to find one. I also got lucky and found one at sprint.com before they sold out again.

Wait for the EPIC- ; )
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

So much for walmart...one said they don't carry it, the other said they did but it's being deleted from their inventory.
    I check sprint.com like 20x/day...have it bookmarked on my blackberry
    Wahhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by briallie View Post
    So much for walmart...one said they don't carry it, the other said they did but it's being deleted from their inventory.
    I check sprint.com like 20x/day...have it bookmarked on my blackberry
    Wahhh!!!!!!!!!!!
    Some of the stores may have the white Evo in stock. Try asking for that one.
    </awesome>
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by scheets973 View Post
    Wait for the EPIC- ; )
    A) Why?

B) It will probably be the same darn thing and I will have to satrt all over waiting

Global Posts
    398 Global Posts

Woow dude sorry to hear that...listening to ppl story I'm glad I got on shack n on launch day I was second to get mines but some people kept on telling me that I was crazy to just buy the phone without knowing how it works or trying it so I was even about to pull out cause I never tried the phone n I was ready to get it but now ppl can't even get one I'm so grateful that I ignore the ppl who thought I was crazy n I still have the same phone 0002 since launch without issues so buddy don't give up n keep on trying cause this phone is worth the wait
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by Yourdogsdead View Post
    Some of the stores may have the white Evo in stock. Try asking for that one.
    Hate to sound even more annoying...but I saw the white on end REALLY did not care for it (just my opinion though).

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

When I went to purchase a second EVO after my wife took the first one, I ran into similar problems. I was able to get one at the mall from those little cell phone stands you see in the malls. The purchase was easy and I walked away with the EVO fully activated and with the phone number ported from my old blackberry.

Might be worth a look.

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Hate to sound even more annoying...but I saw the white on end REALLY did not care for it (just my opinion though).
    Same here, I hate the oreo look they have going on. Which is why I want to do this. It's a lot of work, but I want my new toy.
    </awesome>
    Banned

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts

Man i just came back from Best With A New White Evo.. I went to exchange the black one for the white one they had 34 White Evos in store...

Default Re: Never gonna get an Evo :(

These white evo, are they white just in the back or front also?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post

Stupidly, it's only white on the back. The front of the device is still black.
    </awesome>

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by halmo20 View Post

They are white on the back and black on the front (better for viewing video content)

If you look at it from th side, it looks black and white.

With a black case on, your Evo will pretty much be black. Or you can get Seidio's 3500 extended battery which comes with the black battery cover.

Call sprint account services, ask them to order you one, they will. If they say they can't, hang up and call back or ask for retentions. I promise they will get you your evo

Global Posts
    4,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

A) Why?

B) It will probably be the same darn thing and I will have to satrt all over waiting
    If all else fails, try Wirefly.com. You will have a 2 to 3 week wait, but at the rate you're going now, that just might be worth it.

Welcome to our Wireless World

Give it a whirl!

ROM
    CM7 7.0

I got mine from Sprint.com...I suggest you go that route as well
    Rooted and running CM6 stable on Evo

Default Re: Never gonna get an Evo :(

I see them on ebay for like $450ish

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Ugh!
    I have tried everything and everywhere and can't get one!
    Got on a waiting list at one sprint store...but they can't tell me WHERE on the list I am??
    Have called every other sprint store near me...some say they are don't have them and aren't allowed to do waiting lists.
    One store told me they have them...but you can only get one if you are on their waiting list which is >200 people.
    None of the Best Buys have them here.
    While at the mall yesterday I stopped by the sprint kiosk. The girl told me they would be getting some between 1 and 2:00 today. She said they didn't have a waiting list, but took my # and said she would call me as soon as they arrive.
    So, today at 1:00 sharp as I was picking my daughter up from camp I called them. They said they were waiting for them to arrive. I headed straight there (arriving about 1:15). When I got there they said they were SOLD OUT! The thing that really ticked me off is that one of the guys that got one said the reason he did was because he was on the WAITING LIST! WTH???
    Why would the girl tell me there is no waiting list...and there IS???? And, to add fuel to the fire....the same girl was there and said she didn't remember me or remember telling me that...are you KIDDING??? It was just yesterday!
    It's not so much that I am mad I didn't get one (although I am not happy about it)....it's that she had me shlep up there (with a cranky 3 year old) for NO REASON .
    Every store and place are doing things differently and it's completely frustrating. Meanwhile my BB Curve is driving me nuts.
    I am tempted to just go get an iphone.....but that's really not what I want.
    Sorry to rant....just FRUSTRATED
    You can purchase the white evo on bestbuy.com. Just checked and they are in stock.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast