EVO 4g...subjective opinion

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Is there anyone here who can give an objective opinion. I truly think there are. These droid forums are so incredible..better than any line of phones I have had

Well I got the EVO thru much much debate, love the phone a good deal

Not to say there aren't phones I couldln't love as much, with me not using possibly all the features

What I don't love, I found out day one...I cannot return a new accessory. Didn't go over too well. In spite of it being laid out somewhere

Now get the bill and see a 8 dollar fee for credit line (line for buying stuff and allowing me to not put my bill on an auto payment from my checking account)

Alll0w :) well, that wasn't mentioned. especially when they were comparing tmobiile and how they would be under their price. everyone being so kind here I can say, yes I like and need a smart phone for all my dr's but for me when I live day to day and don't throw my little extra money around, for them to say I have to pay that I have a problem with

I could say, Eric it is only $5 x 12 = 60 a year. that is when it comes down to them making me (if I were to stay there)I cannot sign up for auto bill pay with my little extra money in my account

And my friend I am there with has no account

So it is clearly them controlling it and being Sprint
that along with the accessory

Lastly when I spoke to a supervisor, this is the kicker, even other customers at a local restaurant after, and asked to speak to hers, she said, YOou have gotten escalations YOU CAN GO NO HIGHER

In my 11 years with Tmo , and any company, I always know there is their boss, a manager, all the way up to Escalations. In the case with Tmo it is Bellvue Wa

I just want to know. I understand your opinion, this would not happen much OR yes it pretty much happens all the time, if you want a great phone like the EVO, stay with Sprint, but if you want phones that come out a little slower but have excellent customer service,, then go with Tmo

Thanks for your advice. If the latter, ,what is comparable, the Vibrant.

have a good weekend to all

neilept

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
$8 fee for credit line? and then you say $5 a month? What are you talking about? I can bill a phone to my line (I don't try accessories, I just pay for them), so I am not sure what you are talking about? Whether it's $5 or $8 to buy accessories and have them bill to you, cancel it. You don't need to pay $ to have a phone billed to your acct, unless you are on a limit, and then you can't.

bclinger#IM

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I have never been charged a "credit fee." When I do buy a phone I pay for it immediately, which is evidently not the norm. With the 2 phones I did charge on the account, there was no surcharge.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Sprint, and many other service companies, do charge a fee if you have no credit history and no bank account to do auto withdrawal. It's designed to cover their risk, because you haven't demonstrated a history of paying off your bills.

Nothing personal, but if you can't keep enough money in a checking account to cover the bill, Sprint may be justified in worrying about how you're going to pay it each month.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Oh, and a word of advice: if you live day to day, you shouldn't have a cell phone. You should try to minimize your expenses if you are living day to day.

AndroidOne

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Sprint, and many other service companies, do charge a fee if you have no credit history and no bank account to do auto withdrawal. It's designed to cover their risk, because you haven't demonstrated a history of paying off your bills.

Nothing personal, but if you can't keep enough money in a checking account to cover the bill, Sprint may be justified in worrying about how you're going to pay it each month.

This is likely the best answer, however it would be helpful if you could edit your post and make it more readable so we could better understand what your issue is.

Last edited:

jwindsurfer

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
what the hell is a "spending limit program charge" I assume this is the $5 thing you mentioned. I see it on my bill. It'll be coming off, you can bet that. bastards are slamming people with this meaningless fee.

jwindsurfer

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I just sent this through my online account. We'll see what happens.

I see there is a charge for "spending limit program charge" on my bill for $4.99. This is nothing I signed up for or was informed when I started my account. Please credit the false charge immediately or I will have to discontinue my service as this is not part of any contract I have with Sprint and is therefore a breach.

dsw10482

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I just sent this through my online account. We'll see what happens.

I see there is a charge for "spending limit program charge" on my bill for $4.99. This is nothing I signed up for or was informed when I started my account. Please credit the false charge immediately or I will have to discontinue my service as this is not part of any contract I have with Sprint and is therefore a breach.

Just so you know, in jan they sent out a letter to eveyrone that had a spending limit on there account, about the new fee, you had 30 days to cancel without an etf since this was a material change to your contract, i called and asked to cancel and they took me off the spending limit

jwindsurfer

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Just so you know, in jan they sent out a letter to eveyrone that had a spending limit on there account, about the new fee, you had 30 days to cancel without an etf since this was a material change to your contract, i called and asked to cancel and they took me off the spending limit

I just signed up with Sprint. Nobody said anything. Typical low life scum corporation. They know most people won't notice or bother with a 4.99 charge. Probably at some point it will become a class action suit and once again they'll just have repay all the money. Unfortunately, a lot of it will go to the lawyers as usual. I just cashed a class action suit check from Sprint a month ago from an account I had before the iPhone came out.

MrLogan13

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
I just signed up with Sprint. Nobody said anything. Typical low life scum corporation. They know most people won't notice or bother with a 4.99 charge. Probably at some point it will become a class action suit and once again they'll just have repay all the money. Unfortunately, a lot of it will go to the lawyers as usual. I just cashed a class action suit check from Sprint a month ago from an account I had before the iPhone came out.
Dude, it is in the fine print. They should have told you, but you should have read your contract as well. Are people really in the habit of signing legally binding contracts without reading them?