Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Front Facing Camera Picture App?

Can anyone please explain if there is a way to use the front facing camera on the EVO to take pictures? Or is there an Android App for it? Thanks!!

Global Posts
    714 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by witty725 View Post
    Can anyone please explain if there is a way to use the front facing camera on the EVO to take pictures? Or is there an Android App for it? Thanks!!
    Camera > click the tab on left of screen > Click bottom (settings) > switch camera
    Hit the THANKS in appreciation if I or anyone else has helped you in any way .. A Strong Android Community

http://mydamnbrainhurts.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/mydamnbrainhurt

Someone didn't read the manual (hint: it's the OP).
    AC Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    9,102 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Law View Post
    Someone didn't read the manual (hint: it's the OP).
    I didn't either. I just figured it out by messing around in the menus.

Why would you want to do that? The rear camera is of significantly higher quality.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.

Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Why would you want to do that? The rear camera is of significantly higher quality.
    Probably to take pics of yourself, so you can see how it will come out...

Global Posts
    234 Global Posts

I use the front facing camera all the time for "self portrait" pics to post on Facebook of me doing different activities (long story). I love it, and it was one of the big reasons I went for the phone. Best design ideas ever.

Now I just wish someone could create a small app that would launch the front camera directly without having to go through settings. Just a one-touch click to go straight to it that I could keep next to the normal camera app. Any takers on that one?

K--

Global Posts
    145 Global Posts

search the market for "mirror 4 evo"

Quote Originally Posted by nkawal View Post
    search the market for "mirror 4 evo"
    Thanks! I saw that app, and I thought it was another stupid app like others that try to make the screen a certain color to reflect like a mirror.

I agree and was just searching for this....A shortcut to the front camera would be TERRIFIC for the Evo. It takes 4 steps to get to it. A simple one touch icon from the home screen would be great for when you need the front camera!!!
    Loving my new SG3.
    Previously happy EVO 4G owner ..mostly..
    Acer A500
    Thankful for Android Central. It's how I learned about Android and dived into the deep end!