Backup your SD card!

jsedano

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you absolutely sure that it is stoped? Maybe 60% is just before your mp3 folder or something like that, and it takes long until that folder ends.

You can guess it by checking if your shared folder grows in size (in windows, right-click, properties).

Uhm... I think I am goind to add a label saying what file it is coying/checking/deleting/whatever, to let users know if it is progressing...

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Are you absolutely sure that it is stoped? Maybe 60% is just before your mp3 folder or something like that, and it takes long until that folder ends.

You can guess it by checking if your shared folder grows in size (in windows, right-click, properties).

Uhm... I think I am goind to add a label saying what file it is coying/checking/deleting/whatever, to let users know if it is progressing...

I will play with it some more. Please do add that feature, that will really help.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cobian Backup, Free and I use it for all my external drives :)

I should do it for the mem card too, but all I do is have a re-occuring reminder set each week.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Cobian Backup, Free and I use it for all my external drives :)
I should do it for the mem card too, but all I do is have a re-occuring reminder set each week.

Yes but that does not run on Android. It is a different animal unless I am missing something.

This program is nice as it automatically backs up the SD card on the Android device to a folder on my home network. I use it to back up my Evo and Rooted Color Nook's cards automatically every night.

I think it is awesome to have the peace of mind that my SD cards have an image that I can go to if it they get corrupted. I have had them get corrupted on me in the past. It is not an ongoing problem but it only takes the one time to make you wish you had backed it up.

This way all I have to do is format and copy this folder back to it, simple!

I hope they add more features like multiple backups and a way to restore the files by full backup. I would also like to see an option to restore selectively in case you accidentally delete a file on the SD card that you want to get back. You can do this from other programs using SMB modules etc.. but it would be nice to simply have it incorporated.

This program is worth buying even as is.

Fumanshoo

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Paladin,

did you finally made it work? I've got a confusing message from adroidcentral.com saying that you posted here about an error message, but I can not see it.

If the error message that 0 backup gives is "permission denied", most probably you did not gave write permissions to the shared folder (otherwise, if the password was wrong, you would have been told when you browsed the server). Did you follow the instructoins in 0droid.com? What OS are you using?

About the cycling of the backup to have more that 1 copy... I studied it, but did discard it. Most probably dealing with it is not a problem for you, but I though it may be harder for oher less experienced users.

Regards,

Could you provide a bit of help. I have tried multiple times to get this program to work. I have created a shared folder, given it the instructed sharing/write permissions, using the correct windows folder sharing password, and have filled in the necessary fields from within the 0 Backup program on the phone. And yet, I continue to get a "cannot connect to blah blah server" error message.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

jsedano

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Could you provide a bit of help. I have tried multiple times to get this program to work. I have created a shared folder, given it the instructed sharing/write permissions, using the correct windows folder sharing password, and have filled in the necessary fields from within the 0 Backup program on the phone. And yet, I continue to get a "cannot connect to blah blah server" error message.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Please, use the contact form at Contact & Support for support.

peterbraney

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Can someone please help me. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000 (running Android 4.1.2) with an AData 32Gb Micro SDHC Card that I want to backup regularly, or be able to copy the contents onto a Samsung SD card. My home computer is an iMac 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo running OS X 10.9.1. I read the thread about backing up the SD card and have purchased O Backup Gold as it appears to do everything I want it to. However, I am having difficulty setting up the Server Settings. I have used the IP address of the computer as the Backup SMB server and included the computer password I use when re-booting. When I press the Browse Server button I get "Cannot connect to SMB://192.168.x.xx". What am I doing wrong? Should I be using the wi-fi IP address of "10.101.xxx.xx"? As it won't connect I cannot subsequently choose my backup folder. What does "SMB" mean? I am used to the term "http".

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc