Text 2 Speech App

omc#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I have had the EVO for a couple weeks and like it so far. BUT, I am coming out of a TP2 and there is something that I really miss. I am driving or otherwise have my hands busy most of the day. With the TP2 and my Jabra 8040 all of my txt msgs and email subjs were read over the bluetooth as they arrived. Also under TP2 hands free profile for the headset I could set the # rings to have auto answer.

I have tried 2 apps drive safe.ly and saymynamedessert. Neither one of these worked well, or at all most of the time. I tried my Q1 headset and same thing.

Anyone have any suggestions? Not having this is almost making the EVO not usable for me going about my daily stuff.

Thanks

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I don't think this helps because I don't believe it works over Bluetooth but check out Vlingo. I've used it for some voice stuff and it's pretty good... Again, not sure it helps because I don't think it works over BT but wanted to throw it out there.

techgeek32#WN

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
This should be fixed in Froyo. Will be adding voice dial over bluetooth and improvements to Text-to-Speech. Or you could just buy a Ford vehicle with Microsoft Sync.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Hmm... try Vlingo?
You can put a widget on the homescreen. By simply tapping it, you can say different commands and can send texts pretty easily.

It's right pretty much all the time for me... It's just not good with foreign names all the time. It depends on how you pronounce the name to it.

Lastly, it also has a SafeReader option... you can have it read messages to you, which is pretty cool.
Pretty good, but costs $10.00.
http://www.androidcentral.com/voice-control-app-showdown-vlingo-vs-genius-button

Here's a "vlingo vs. genius button" showdown.
The genius button is on the mytouch 3g slide.
Vlingo excelled in everything but price... so try it out... and you can always get your refund within 24 hours.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma