Article comparing battery life of Evo to Droid X

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, the battery on the Droid X and Iphone are really nice.

The battery used to be an issue to me... however after the update I get a couple days worth of light usage. 22h, 28m... and stock battery reports 50%. Lots of standby time obviously, but I've been texting pretty regularly at 50% brightness.
Heavy usage? Well, I played gameboid for 6 hours before I saw the 5% sign... Not bad imo.

Edit: And yeah... my Pre battery with 800mhz and scaling lasted about 4-6 hours of light/moderate usage. Anything better than that is fine by me.

Last edited:

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
That article was bogus. No idea what that author's settings were but he probably has features activated like 4G and didn't even know it. And he made a guess about battery life on the X will streaming video. What a tool.

I went 16 hours yesterday with moderate usage and had 30% left when I plugged back in. Plenty for me.

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
if EVO's 4G is on during testing it's apples vs. oranges.

my guess is that EVO vs. Droid battery life is comparable if testing apples to apples.

jedisrus

May 8, 2010
Visit site
In the article he states he didn't use 4G because it's not available in his area.

But it doesn't state that he didn't have it enabled. It is quite possible and I would even say probable that he had the radio on even though he wasn't using the service.

He lost credibility with me when he guessed that the X would last all day streaming videos instead of actually testing it out. That and it sure seems like he made a guesstimate with the EVO as well for heavy usage. Just plain poor journalism IMO.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I think when people compared it to the Pre, they meant to say "We could care less that our battery doesn't live up to the battery of an unreleased phone, but it beats our old phone by 2x-3x the battery life."

Journalism kills sales unfortunately. That's why you shouldn't get your information from blogs like Engadget, but rather websites like AnandTech that report things to the T by usage, and not by what things "seem".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34