People Widget

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So when setting up the people widget, is there a way to set up a shortcut that automatically calls someone, and another shortcut that automatically texts the same person?

Say, for example, I set up 2 different people widgets, on 2 different screens. On one screen, I have the people widget full of people and it's set to automatically call them on their mobile phone. On the next screen, I have a people widget with all the same contacts, but it's set to send a text message instead of call.

Is this possible? I can't figure out how to change the default action on 1 of them in the widget without changing it for that contact in all of the widgets.

It would sure be nice if I could have a screen full of contacts that have the default action as a text message, and another screen with the same contacts with the default action being to call them.

I set up 2 different groups- 1 called VIP, and the other called VIP text, but changing the default action of a contact in one of them changes it in the other too.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Don't use HTC People Widget... Atleast I don't suggest it. I heard it also causes battery drain. And having two of them is even worse.

Just...
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Direct Dial
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Direct Message
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Person

You can set it up the way you want it.

Edit: Unfortunately, you can't have more than 16 per homepage... The HTC People widget scrolls...

Last edited:

verwon

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I found this. I was going to make a post asking about it, because for some reason, my people widget, never keeps the default contact method. Every two days or so, it won't show one for the people I have on it and makes me reselect one.

PreJamison

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
So when setting up the people widget, is there a way to set up a shortcut that automatically calls someone, and another shortcut that automatically texts the same person?

Say, for example, I set up 2 different people widgets, on 2 different screens. On one screen, I have the people widget full of people and it's set to automatically call them on their mobile phone. On the next screen, I have a people widget with all the same contacts, but it's set to send a text message instead of call.

Is this possible? I can't figure out how to change the default action on 1 of them in the widget without changing it for that contact in all of the widgets.

It would sure be nice if I could have a screen full of contacts that have the default action as a text message, and another screen with the same contacts with the default action being to call them.

I set up 2 different groups- 1 called VIP, and the other called VIP text, but changing the default action of a contact in one of them changes it in the other too.

Use Folder Organizer. Create a label for "Text" and a label for "Call". Go to contacts in Folder Organizer and label your favorite contacts (Text for Text Call for Call). Then add a "Folder Organizer Folder Link" widget for each (Text & Call) to your home screen. You can change the view by pressing on the settings icon when you open the folder & choose Layout. I prefer list view with icons and text.

Update: if you want to have the contacts always visible without having to open the link you can use one of the other Folder Organizer widgets.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

reverendrhino

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I didn't know that, thanks for the heads up.
Don't use HTC People Widget... Atleast I don't suggest it. I heard it also causes battery drain. And having two of them is even worse.

Just...
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Direct Dial
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Direct Message
Long press on homescreen--> shortcut --> Person

You can set it up the way you want it.

Edit: Unfortunately, you can't have more than 16 per homepage... The HTC People widget scrolls...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463