My Evo has killed my 16gb sandisck sd card :(

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I was listening to just a few tracks on my memory card when I noticed the music player stopped working and didnt play the next track. The phone completely froze so I pulled the battery out and now after multiple restarts's and removing and inserting the card it still says its removed and need to insert a new one. However, I'm at work right now and my 8gb that came with my evo is at my house so I can't test if its my phone or card. Both are still in the 30 days if one is broke.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
cards rarely go bad...there may be a bad sector on the card.

does anyone at work have a card reader on a computer to check it out?

sandisk has a 5 yr warranty on microsd cards.

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Exact same thing happened to me. My Evo froze every time I played music from my 16gb card. So I just put the 8gb in. I don't know what happened. I messing with isyncr maybe it was that or doubletwist.

Edit: oh but the 16gb card works fine on my psp with Pro Duo adapter.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Well my phone is running Great since the card won't read. Maybe its cuz I did a fresh start up. Nobody here has a card reader.

slopokdave

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Same happened to me, however on a "soft drop" (someone knocked the phone out of my hand as I was walking by and it felt ~4ft onto carpet).

After the soft drop, the card won't read in the phone or in the computer. :(

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just hope it ain't my evo, I had to wait a lil over a week from the shack to get one. Well the card that came with my evo is a Samsung and the 16gb card is a sandisk. I got it on sale for $50 from radioshack but if there are problems then Imma tell them to give my money back and I will spend it on a better quality card.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I know of doubletwist but never really found a reason to use it over the built in music player. I'm going to be home in about 30mins so I can check the card out. My wife has had her Evo since June 4th and has had no problems with her version 002 but I started noticing after the last update that while on the default browser it closes on me and I have to start it back up and go back to the site I was at.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup my card is dead. lol it won't read it my ps3, my wifes Evo, or my computer. When its plugged into my computer the adaptor gets really hot and it has never done that before. Now I need some advice, I have been on newegg.com looking at 16gb cards but I need some help to pick a good quality card. If anybody knows any good cards that won't die on me in 3 weeks then that would be great.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yup my card is dead. lol it won't read it my ps3, my wifes Evo, or my computer. When its plugged into my computer the adaptor gets really hot and it has never done that before. Now I need some advice, I have been on newegg.com looking at 16gb cards but I need some help to pick a good quality card. If anybody knows any good cards that won't die on me in 3 weeks then that would be great.

If it is sandisk you get a free one from them. just call them up.
can the computer see the card even though it gets hot?
was this a sandisk knockoff card? If so that explains a lot.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
No I got the card on sale from radioshack, Its 2 blocks from my house I can take it back to them. The computer reads the adaptor but not the card. It reads my Samsung 8gb that came with the phone but not the sandisk 16gb. I have about 7 or 8 diff sandisk cards for all sorts of devices, never had a problem. Maybe its just a bad card. I'm going to call radioshack since I'm in the 90 days. Hell its only been 3 weeks lol its cool.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking after having this one replaced I might get a Kingston 16gb class 6 card from amazon and give the sandisk ether to my wife or my brother. Thanks everyone for your help.

Khaelum

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Bad card, probably just a lemon. Seriously doubt the Evo had anything to do with it. Change the threads title, it's quite accusatory & misleading.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk + Swype

churchwin88

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site

I just bought the Transcend 16GB from newegg over the weekend. Should have it Wednesday. I looked at this one and the A-Data one. If you buy a new one make sure it is a class 6. That way you'll have faster read/write times.

UTnick

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
check this forum. there are several other instances (three including me) i can think of of cards dying. one guy had two cards die. when mine died i e-mailed HTC and they said to take it to a Sprint store and there they just gave me a different one. not new -- just different. with a picture of somebody's kid on it.

trooper54

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
check this forum. there are several other instances (three including me) i can think of of cards dying. one guy had two cards die. when mine died i e-mailed HTC and they said to take it to a Sprint store and there they just gave me a different one. not new -- just different. with a picture of somebody's kid on it.

yup, my 8gb card died, bb skrewed me over, so i bought a new 16gb one at frys for like 25bucks after rebate. Score!

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't see how the title is misleading, like I said. I was listening to music on the card, Evo froze, then card no longer works. Could be a bad card, but I always listen to music from my card on my evo and never had a problem. but really don't know and don't care as I'm having it replaced.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
I've had two Sandisk cards fail, one CF card, one SD card. In both cases, Sandisk replaced them without any hassle. All Sandisk cards, as far as I know, have a lifetime guarantee.