Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Anyway to send unknown callers directly to voicemail?

I know when I add a contact I can send that specific contact directly to voicemail, but really what I want to do is if the calling phone number is not in my contacts then send them directly to my voicemail. Anyone know if this is possible?

-Eric
    Sent using my HTC EVO and Tapatalk.

Google Voice will allow this, but I can not find a way to do it on the phone directly.

Quote Originally Posted by EABonney View Post
    I know when I add a contact I can send that specific contact directly to voicemail, but really what I want to do is if the calling phone number is not in my contacts then send them directly to my voicemail. Anyone know if this is possible?

-Eric
    there is an option in edit contacts that lets you "send to voicemail".

Quote Originally Posted by EABonney View Post

-Eric
    Check out 'GBlocker' in the market. I believe this is what you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeptical View Post
    there is an option in edit contacts that lets you "send to voicemail".
    This is true, but you need an actual phone number for it to send to voicemail. It can't do it with just "unknown."
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Default Re: Anyway to send unknown callers directly to voicemail?

Thanks, looks like GBlock is what I was looking for. I am going to have to try out the trial. It does seem to be getting some mixed reviews but that is typical of most software.

-Eric

try callfilter too (free) , does a half ring and goes to voice. with unknown and blocked numbers. no problems yet. see which one fits you best

Global Posts
    2,443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Root

Check the market for Extreme Call Blocker, this does not ring your phone or you can blacklist as well and they cant leave a message. It goes straight to voicemail.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

Another vote for Extreme Call Blocker.... It works great and the developer will address issues within hours or so... I use it.

I highly recommend aFirewall in the market. Powerful and can block sms and voice calls.