1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

Default Pandora and Car Stereo

Is it possible to run Pandora on the Evo and then stream the music to a car stereo? If not with the Evo, then another phone?

uh... Yeah. I do it all the time.
    Evo4G. Now with more Internet.

Its called auxillary

Default Re: Pandora and Car Stereo

Yea I Just have my Bluetooth on. I switch my radio to Bluetooth and it just streams straight to the radio or you can use an aux.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

I use a Motorola T500 to stream music in my vehicles that do not have aux jacks or native Bluetooth built in. Works like a charm.

Global Posts
    846 Global Posts

Yep it'll work just fine. I use it.

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk Pro

Ya you can stream it just fine. I turn off the wifi though because it tends to skip quite a bit if its on. It might not even be related to the skipping but it makes me feel better, ha

I have an Auxilary input Jack in my Honda Ridgeline. I use a doubled ended
    male 3.5mm cable, one end in AUX jack, other end in EVO headphone jack. I also plug-in a car charger to keep battery up full.
    I listen/prefer SLACKER instead of pandora.
    Sound is better than the CD player.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

How are you all doing this?

If I plug my wife's Epic into the vehicle, it gives me a list of folders to choose from and then streams from the USB card. I don't see an option to stream Pandora.

I can sync my via Bluetooth to make calls, but not stream Pandora. So, what's the secret?

Thanks.

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    How are you all doing this?

If I plug my wife's Epic into the vehicle, it gives me a list of folders to choose from and then streams from the USB card. I don't see an option to stream Pandora.

I can sync my via Bluetooth to make calls, but not stream Pandora. So, what's the secret?

Thanks.
    What inputs do you have on your car stereo? People have already mentioned using the auxiliary input on the stereo and the headphone jack on the phone.

For bluetooth, it has to connect for music in addition to voice.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    114 Global Posts

After I posted, I went through the car manual. The dealer enabled voice dialing, but not audio over bluetooth. Once I enabled the bluetooth audio function on the car, I was able to start streaming whatever was playing on my phone.

My wife is angry now, however, because now it's harder for her to justify keeping the XM satellite after the three month trial is over...lol

Global Posts
    658 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sweat View Post
    After I posted, I went through the car manual. The dealer enabled voice dialing, but not audio over bluetooth. Once I enabled the bluetooth audio function on the car, I was able to start streaming whatever was playing on my phone.

My wife is angry now, however, because now it's harder for her to justify keeping the XM satellite after the three month trial is over...lol
    Yay, look at that. I was right. You're welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by npark View Post
    Yay, look at that. I was right. You're welcome.
    How do you make Evo start playing Pandora or Slacker automatically upon bluetooth detection. As of now it starts playing google music. Is there a way to change the default?

I'm really confused on this because I've read too many ways to do this. I have an EVO. My car is a Lexus RX350. I have a charger port on my car and a usb connection. Please walk me through this the easiest way possible. I would really love to be able to hear Pandora or any music I have downloaded to my car. Please.

Quote Originally Posted by kmathrn View Post
    I'm really confused on this because I've read too many ways to do this. I have an EVO. My car is a Lexus RX350. I have a charger port on my car and a usb connection. Please walk me through this the easiest way possible. I would really love to be able to hear Pandora or any music I have downloaded to my car. Please.
    I am 99% sure(too lazy to Google it) that your Lexus has Bluetooth audio streaming. You should be able to stream Pandora through Bluetooth if you phone is already paired with your vehicle. I do this all the time as my USB connection is already being occupied by an Ipod classic. I am not sure which would have better audio quality between Bluetooth or USB.

So how do I do this? I have my ipod in my USB also, but have to be around wifi for the music to work. If I connect my phone with my USB cable and start Pandora, how can it work? I've tried doing this before, but the music came through the phone and not the car speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by kmathrn View Post
    So how do I do this? I have my ipod in my USB also, but have to be around wifi for the music to work. If I connect my phone with my USB cable and start Pandora, how can it work? I've tried doing this before, but the music came through the phone and not the car speakers.
    The owners manual will explain how to pair the phone to the vehicle. Maybe this will help.

My phone is paired, cause I use the blue tooth all the time. What do I do after I turn on the bluetooth?

This is what I did today and it did not work. I turned on my bluetooth on the phone, plugged it into the usb port, and turned on Pandora. It played on the phone and not the car speakers.

First off i install car audio for a living so heres what i can tell you

Not all factory car stereo's will work with all phones cas in point customer came in with a ford SUV stock radio would connect to there phone and work as a hands free. but after seting the BT audio up on there radio thay couldn't use pandora or iHeart radio with there phone. (samsung made)
    Now i have a Evo and i could pair my phone and play pandora and iHeart radio just fine. turns out there phone wasn't desined with the same BT chip and there used a differant format for audio playback that ther ford didn't support. so we ended up using a AUX connection to ther radio that used a regular 3.5MM head phone jack to 3.5MM head phone jack to get there phone to use the car stereo as speakers for the pandora.

from what i can read some people here are trying to use the USB port that is found on some stereo's today. 90% are NOT ment for use with Cell phones but if you set the phone to data disk or mass storage this will work as the radio sees your phone as a USB thumb drive. But you can only play the music you store on the phone No streaming of Pandora and such. this will however work with a lot of iFail (iPhone, iPod and iPad) devices ARE 100% compatable with you stereo as apple has made a Big push with Most stereo makers for them to add this.

I give up..................