1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Default EVO with Ford SYNC?

Has anyone tried their EVO with a Ford SYNC system? I am looking at a new truck and want my EVO to play nice. Thanks.

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

I have mine with my fusion and it works great.

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts

have a fusion here also works great can stream things like pandora, radiotime, and even sprint tv--world cup over bluetooth or use the usb for charging and mp3 playback
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    144 Global Posts

Sweet. Thanks for the feedback. Have you been able to get the text to speech function working for text messages?

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts

How do u guys do that I have a 2000 acura tl would it work?

Works great in my Focus. No text to speech for the text messages, I don't think any Sprint phones are supported for that.

getting the mustang 5.0 soon, i'll let you know how it all works

Just bought a 2010 Focus SES last night with SYNC in it. My work BB synced fine and transferred my contacts. My EVO would sync but wouldn't transfer my contacts. I'm gonna try to update SYNC tonight and see if that helps, which I'm guessing it will.

I would be very interested to see if updating sync resolves the issue. I just bought a new F150 XLT with SYNC. My Evo paired no problem, bluetooth streaming and calling works fine. Text messages don't work but that's not really a loss.

My issue is with downloading the contacts. I think I'm having the same or similar issue as TeamGreen02

I tell it do download my contacts and it says "contacts downloading" and then the phone prompts me to authorize SYNC to access my contacts. Then about 1 minute passes and SYNC says that the phone has been disconnected. I look on the EVO and it still shows to be connected but the phone starts locking up and I have to delete the paired devices and re-pair them.

As long as I don't try to download the contacts it works fine, but without being able to vocie dial, it's pretty pointless beyond just answering calls.

If anyone also has this issue or has found a fix please let me know.

Can't wait for fusion gt if its still coming. Twin turbo v6 fusion awd!!!

Yet another Fusion here as well, and it works no problems. As a matter of fact Me and my GF have ours paired to it with no problems, though i have read about the contact thing. The work around for it is to turn off auto-download of contacts for the phone, untill ford fixes it.

As a side note, the Evo's pair well with her Nissan Titan as well.
    HTC Evo 4G on the Sprint Network.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Knight View Post
    I would be very interested to see if updating sync resolves the issue. I just bought a new F150 XLT with SYNC. My Evo paired no problem, bluetooth streaming and calling works fine. Text messages don't work but that's not really a loss.

My issue is with downloading the contacts. I think I'm having the same or similar issue as TeamGreen02

I tell it do download my contacts and it says "contacts downloading" and then the phone prompts me to authorize SYNC to access my contacts. Then about 1 minute passes and SYNC says that the phone has been disconnected. I look on the EVO and it still shows to be connected but the phone starts locking up and I have to delete the paired devices and re-pair them.

As long as I don't try to download the contacts it works fine, but without being able to vocie dial, it's pretty pointless beyond just answering calls.

If anyone also has this issue or has found a fix please let me know.
    As I've exhaustively detailed in this thread, after about five weeks of use, something corrupts in the Bluetooth functionality between my EVO and the SYNC in my 2010 Ford Fusion. Until it blows up, it's fine with streaming and voice dialing working properly, but when it goes over the cliff, it's wrecked until the phone is either hard reset (wiped at the store) or, as I discovered last night, if you don't download your phone book.

Both instances - in July and last week - were on the previous version of the SYNC software, but after updating it Tuesday morning, it was still messed up until I tried not copying the phone book, which as you've pointed out sucks because it defeats a major safety aspect of having SYNC in the first place.

The question is where does the fault lie? Is it the EVO, it's software (I've seen people claiming it's using the old BT stack), or something with the car's hardware/software?
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

I just looked on ford syncs website and htc evo is not even supported by sync yet... so maybe that is why.. it is not on their mobile phone supported page!! just letting you know

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    As I've exhaustively detailed in this thread, after about five weeks of use, something corrupts in the Bluetooth functionality between my EVO and the SYNC in my 2010 Ford Fusion. Until it blows up, it's fine with streaming and voice dialing working properly, but when it goes over the cliff, it's wrecked until the phone is either hard reset (wiped at the store) or, as I discovered last night, if you don't download your phone book.

Both instances - in July and last week - were on the previous version of the SYNC software, but after updating it Tuesday morning, it was still messed up until I tried not copying the phone book, which as you've pointed out sucks because it defeats a major safety aspect of having SYNC in the first place.

The question is where does the fault lie? Is it the EVO, it's software (I've seen people claiming it's using the old BT stack), or something with the car's hardware/software?
    i just finished talking to a Ford SYNC analyst on the phone. He suggested a hard reset of SYNC. Refer to your vehicle owner's manual and pull the SYNC fuse out for about 3 to 5 minutes and put it back in. This will hard reset the SYNC. He also mentioned SYNC engineers are working on a firmware update in the future to address BT connection issue and "speech control not available for this device" issue. I will try it tomorrow. It works according to others. Check syncmyride.com for owner to owner posts.

Global Posts
    1,412 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Cool beans. Looking forward to your report. It has totally sucked not having voice dialing or seeing who's ringing in.
    "The Nexus 5 is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 7, 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7), Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G Touch Long Name Phone, HTC EVO 4G, Palm Pre, 64GB 1st gen iPad WiFi

ROM
    Completely stock...

I have a 2010 Explorer Sport Trac. My first Evo would only connect the Bluetooth to the Phone. The second Evo i got towards the end of Oct 2010, not only does the phone connect and it sounds great, i can stream media from the media player and listen to movies or videos on the phone thru the cars speakers. but that is about all. If i turn bluetooth on, the navigation will not speak on the phone. turn the Bluetooth off, and the phone navigation speaks normally

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Another option might be to try downgrading Sync. I've got a 2009 Expedition and got an EVO a month ago. According to the Sync webpage I'm running 1.3 and it paired, downloaded the phonebook and has been working no problem. I got an offer to come in to Ford and get Sync upgraded for free, but I've been hesitant because of this and the other thread.

Default Got EVO working on my 2010 F-150

I had a issue with my internet data speed going real slow so I took it to the sprint store and reset the device. I am not sure if they updated the software but when i tried to reinstall the bluetooth connection to Sync, it would fail during the "Download Phonebook" option. I then reinstalled again but didn't allow the phonebook to download, causing the device to work fine. I found a utility called "Sync my Phone (for windows)" Click on the link to go to the Sync My Ride website the item you are looking for is listed under "Sync Tools & Applications. the title says it is for Windows phones, but in reality it is a tool used to export your g-mail or outlook contacts to your Ford Sync. Just follow the instructions and install the contact auto loader to your sync system and with in 2 minutes your done. I used this and i have to say that it 100% worked. This is a work around until Sync updates their software. Like I said i was able to load all 200 contacts from my g-mail account to my ford Sync phonebook.