Now receiving full MMS pic sizes?

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
Today my friend sent me a MMS message containing some random picture he took.. When I clicked on the picture, I immediately noticed how good the quality was. The picture was displaying fullscreen without me having to pinch-to-zoom in to view it.

Usually whenever somebody sends me a MMS message, the picture dimensions are rather small varying anywhere between 640x480 or smaller, so when viewing them at 100%, they don't completely fill the screen.

This time the picture that I received came out at the 5M size: (2592 x 1552). The size of the picture was 1.16MB in file size.

I was curious to see if anybody else receiving pictures had noticed this today... Perhaps Sprint made some adjustment to their MMS servers?

Am I the only one?

Thanks in advance.

Paterick

Apr 13, 2010
Visit site
I just tried sending a pic I took with my camera and it was resized to 21k in size so not fixed when sending from the Evo.

Mitalis

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
If you can, try sending the picture though Handcent SMS.. I've had better luck using it. Share the picture through the picture gallery, then send though Handcent. Send the picture to yourself, then when you receive it, check the picture details.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34