Update and tethering

doosh

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
A popup with an update keeps appearing (I don't know the update version) and I don't wasn't to loose the ability to tether or encounter any other problems with a rooted phone. Anyone know of it's ok to update? My EVO's rooted with the unrevoked method and the tether app simply says wireless tether with a green icon.

jinxltd

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know if you update you will loose your root & WiFi teather will not work either. However I think there is some advanced or full root methods that may grant this though I'm not 100%, they are much more involved but you would have to check the "hacks" thread.

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
A popup with an update keeps appearing (I don't know the update version) and I don't wasn't to loose the ability to tether or encounter any other problems with a rooted phone. Anyone know of it's ok to update? My EVO's rooted with the unrevoked method and the tether app simply says wireless tether with a green icon.

Quick answer. DONT UPDATE.

To stop the annoying prompts for update do this:
Menu>Settings>System Updates>HTC Software Updates>Uncheck - Schduled Check. Done! :cool:

doosh

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Just to be sure here's what keeps poping up:

System Upgrade 1.47.651.1 (30.15MB)
- FOTA update

Is it ok to skip this?

spike9012

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the responses. Just to be sure here's what keeps poping up:

System Upgrade 1.47.651.1 (30.15MB)
- FOTA update

Is it ok to skip this?

That is the updated firmware for your phone, if you want the newest version and keep your root, follow the update procedures for whichever root you did.

HTC Evo ROMs - XDA-Developers

That is a list of many roms, I am using the 1.47.651.1 stock with root, and my wifi tether works perfectly.

ron87

May 17, 2010
Visit site
go to the sub forum (HTC EVO 4G Roms/Hacks) and look at unrevoked 3. Its easy and you get to keep your free wifi tether. I did it yesterday and it worked like a charm.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1