I'm definitely glad I didn't wait for the Droid X

d3xn2o

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Well Put Cory... :cool:

Now get this X Stuff outta here :p

Side note... I'm pretty sure the Magicians over at XDA will Figure something out for this boot loader situation...

Maybe a Sense Rom for you in the Future Cory :confused: haha

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I had the EVO for 30-days. In my opinion the EVO is aesthetically amazing (I like rounded corners), has an amazing UI (Sense), can be rooted & ROM'd, has a kickstand (should be required on phones of this size) will only get better with updates, and once you get used to the size (in about 12 hours or less), I realized the benefits of messaging, video, and web browsing were worth it.

I like the X because it's on my carrier of choice. I won't lie - I will miss Sense, and although there are apps/widgets in the Market that can substitute, non look as polished as HTC's. However, I believe the build quality will be amazing, the screen will be gorgeous (as is the EVO's), reports on battery life have been stellar, it sounds as if it might be as zippy as my Incredible (Sorry, but the EVO - regardless that it has the same processor - just didn't perform as quickly), and I can appreciate it's dedicated GPU. The main reason I am getting the X, is because I actually fell in love with the EVO's screen size, and want that experience back again.

Nobody, in this forum, that has an EVO should feel like they are missing out. We X'ers and you EVO'ers have really made out perfectly in both cases.

very well said.

deaofly

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I.don't understand people like you. I mean you say that you wanted a evo and Droid x? I hear people asking if they should get a Verizon phone or a Sprint phone. Does that make any sense to anybody? I'm with Sprint for there service and nice plans, not really there phones. The phone make it the best thing to have, but its there service that matters. I wouldn't leave Sprint even if the Evo 2 went to verizon. I'd stay and support the Sprint for the quality of things there service provides. Everybody is all about the phones these days. If a carrier has a better phone then Sprint they wanna jump ship. Makes no god damn sense.

Lorak

Jun 27, 2010
Visit site
yea. not to mention with the rate "better" phones are coming out. You'd be jumping carriers every couple months. LOL

Always better to choose a service provider first (coverage in your area, price plan that works best for you), and then choose the phone.

*unless the provider your looking at only offers crappy phones*. But with sprint and verizon they will always have a top andriod device, so you should choose on the carrier, not a certain phone.*

fstop

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I.don't understand people like you

The phone is the gateway to the service. If a device gives you a better experience, why wouldn't you give heavy consideration to it? Some people value things differently. Makes god damn sense to me.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Both ways make sense to me. I won't stay on a carrier that has crappy service where I am, and I won't stay on a carrier that doesn't have a phone that I want.

I won't be that much more a month for Verizon just to have a phone that has slightly better spec sheet (except for the screen, like I said I'm a sucker for a good screen).

colecoyates

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I stuck with my evo cuz its a better phone and cheaper and better plan not because it can be hacked.

Amen to that. The plan itself plust the any mobile any time is the main thing to me. my plan is about 80 and that is with everything

coolqf

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I.don't understand people like you. I mean you say that you wanted a evo and Droid x? I hear people asking if they should get a Verizon phone or a Sprint phone. Does that make any sense to anybody? I'm with Sprint for there service and nice plans, not really there phones. The phone make it the best thing to have, but its there service that matters. I wouldn't leave Sprint even if the Evo 2 went to verizon. I'd stay and support the Sprint for the quality of things there service provides. Everybody is all about the phones these days. If a carrier has a better phone then Sprint they wanna jump ship. Makes no god damn sense.

Sprint use to have horrible customer service. I was always afraid of making changes to my 5-line plan, hence I was almost always out of contract. There service has improved a lot, but their stores still SUCK. To this day, I like having 2 of my lines out of contract at any given time in case I ever need to jump ship from Sprint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87