I'm definitely glad I didn't wait for the Droid X

stoli412

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm not so sure. Isn't this still an issue for the the Milestone (international version of the Droid) after nearly a year?

At any rate, I'm glad I decided to stay with the EVO!

Gimik

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read, it doesn't seem like it'll be all that easy to break if at all possible. I kept my evo, thanks.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This is why I stuck with the Evo. I'm sure at some point it'll get broken, but by then I'll be able to upgrade possibly.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah... it may not affect many people but rooting and installing custom roms is a big thing for lots of people.
Just look at XDA's roms. DamageControl ROM thread has 378,000+ views.

It's a shame. I like Droid X's hardware a bit more than the Evo's... especially the GPU + screen.

J Snazzy

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I didn't wait either...the good thing about the dev community is getting support once a carrier drops your phone.

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
^I know you're being sarcastic, but it troubles me that users on these forums start bashing other Android phones. Actually, it's moronic.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Personally I think they are both great phones. I don't know if I will root or not (still waiting on unrevoked), so that really isn't an issue for me right now.

The real comparison is rate plans for the phones. A phone can be great, but if you can't afford the monthly bill what good is it? Now if the X was on Sprint I might switch to it (I'm still within my 30 days), but Verizon is expensive.

Evo has front facing camera (I do use it), but X has better GPU and screen (I don't game but I'm a sucker for a good display). It's all in what you're gonna do from your phone.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
What are your thoughts on the evo vs x cory?

I Agree Comrade...

Cory thought? :cool:

I had the EVO for 30-days. In my opinion the EVO is aesthetically amazing (I like rounded corners), has an amazing UI (Sense), can be rooted & ROM'd, has a kickstand (should be required on phones of this size) will only get better with updates, and once you get used to the size (in about 12 hours or less), I realized the benefits of messaging, video, and web browsing were worth it.

I like the X because it's on my carrier of choice. I won't lie - I will miss Sense, and although there are apps/widgets in the Market that can substitute, non look as polished as HTC's. However, I believe the build quality will be amazing, the screen will be gorgeous (as is the EVO's), reports on battery life have been stellar, it sounds as if it might be as zippy as my Incredible (Sorry, but the EVO - regardless that it has the same processor - just didn't perform as quickly), and I can appreciate it's dedicated GPU. The main reason I am getting the X, is because I actually fell in love with the EVO's screen size, and want that experience back again.

Nobody, in this forum, that has an EVO should feel like they are missing out. We X'ers and you EVO'ers have really made out perfectly in both cases.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995