Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default I'm definitely glad I didn't wait for the Droid X

    http://www.androidcentral.com/motoro...down-explained

    I'm sure it won't take long for the hacker community to break the bootloader.
  2. #2  
    stoli412's Avatar

    Posts
    34 Posts
    ROM
    CM 6.1

    Default

    I'm not so sure. Isn't this still an issue for the the Milestone (international version of the Droid) after nearly a year?

    At any rate, I'm glad I decided to stay with the EVO!
  3. #3  
    Gimik's Avatar

    Posts
    55 Posts
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts

    Default

    From what I've read, it doesn't seem like it'll be all that easy to break if at all possible. I kept my evo, thanks.
  4. #4  
    pwnst_r's Avatar

    Posts
    769 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

    Default

    This is why I stuck with the Evo. I'm sure at some point it'll get broken, but by then I'll be able to upgrade possibly.
  5. #5  

    Default

    Yeah... it may not affect many people but rooting and installing custom roms is a big thing for lots of people.
    Just look at XDA's roms. DamageControl ROM thread has 378,000+ views.

    It's a shame. I like Droid X's hardware a bit more than the Evo's... especially the GPU + screen.
  6. #6  
    pwnst_r's Avatar

    Posts
    769 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

    Default

    Yeah, that GPU would be very nice.
  7. #7  
    J Snazzy's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    ROM
    CM7 7.0

    Default

    I'm glad I didn't wait either...the good thing about the dev community is getting support once a carrier drops your phone.
    Rooted and running CM6 stable on Evo
  8. #8  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    It's still a beast of a phone. To the average users, this means nothing.
    </awesome>
  9. #9  
    werx's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    82 Posts

    Default

    I stuck with my evo cuz its a better phone and cheaper and better plan not because it can be hacked.
    Thanked by:
  10. #10  
    pwnst_r's Avatar

    Posts
    769 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by werx View Post
    I stuck with my evo cuz its a better phone
    Yes, okay.
  11. #11  
    trooper54's Avatar

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

    Default

    This is the evo forums, get this droid x trash outa here

    "In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"


    I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
  12. #12  
    pwnst_r's Avatar

    Posts
    769 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

    Default

    ^I know you're being sarcastic, but it troubles me that users on these forums start bashing other Android phones. Actually, it's moronic.
  13. #13  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pwnst_r View Post
    ^I know you're being sarcastic, but it troubles me that users on these forums start bashing other Android phones. Actually, it's moronic.
    As is your post...
  14. #14  
    Yourdogsdead's Avatar

    Posts
    1,362 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    As is your post...
    I agree with him. We're all on the same "side" aren't we?
    </awesome>
  15. #15  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    12,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    So anyways...
  16. #16  
    pwnst_r's Avatar

    Posts
    769 Posts
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDteX View Post
    As is your post...
    PM me bro.
  17. #17  
    trooper54's Avatar

    Posts
    1,411 Posts
    ROM
    ACS Jelly Bean RC1, Stock

    Default

    What are your thoughts on the evo vs x cory?

    "In Soviet Russia, Android roots you!"


    I'm here because like you, I have questions that I need answered, and help those like me, with questions of their own.
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants."
    -Isaac Newton, Letter to Robert Hooke, February 5, 1675
  18. #18  
    Kevin O'Quinn's Avatar
    AC Team Emeritus

    Posts
    8,917 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,120 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Personally I think they are both great phones. I don't know if I will root or not (still waiting on unrevoked), so that really isn't an issue for me right now.

    The real comparison is rate plans for the phones. A phone can be great, but if you can't afford the monthly bill what good is it? Now if the X was on Sprint I might switch to it (I'm still within my 30 days), but Verizon is expensive.

    Evo has front facing camera (I do use it), but X has better GPU and screen (I don't game but I'm a sucker for a good display). It's all in what you're gonna do from your phone.
  19. #19  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    What are your thoughts on the evo vs x cory?
    I Agree Comrade...

    Cory thought?
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  20. #20  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    12,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidjesus View Post
    What are your thoughts on the evo vs x cory?
    Quote Originally Posted by d3xn2o View Post
    I Agree Comrade...

    Cory thought?
    I had the EVO for 30-days. In my opinion the EVO is aesthetically amazing (I like rounded corners), has an amazing UI (Sense), can be rooted & ROM'd, has a kickstand (should be required on phones of this size) will only get better with updates, and once you get used to the size (in about 12 hours or less), I realized the benefits of messaging, video, and web browsing were worth it.

    I like the X because it's on my carrier of choice. I won't lie - I will miss Sense, and although there are apps/widgets in the Market that can substitute, non look as polished as HTC's. However, I believe the build quality will be amazing, the screen will be gorgeous (as is the EVO's), reports on battery life have been stellar, it sounds as if it might be as zippy as my Incredible (Sorry, but the EVO - regardless that it has the same processor - just didn't perform as quickly), and I can appreciate it's dedicated GPU. The main reason I am getting the X, is because I actually fell in love with the EVO's screen size, and want that experience back again.

    Nobody, in this forum, that has an EVO should feel like they are missing out. We X'ers and you EVO'ers have really made out perfectly in both cases.
    Thanked by 2:
  21. #21  
    d3xn2o's Avatar

    Posts
    2,252 Posts
    ROM
    4.1.1

    Default

    Well Put Cory...




    Now get this X Stuff outta here



    Side note... I'm pretty sure the Magicians over at XDA will Figure something out for this boot loader situation...

    Maybe a Sense Rom for you in the Future Cory haha
    Arrogant Linux Elitist
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cory Streater View Post
    I had the EVO for 30-days. In my opinion the EVO is aesthetically amazing (I like rounded corners), has an amazing UI (Sense), can be rooted & ROM'd, has a kickstand (should be required on phones of this size) will only get better with updates, and once you get used to the size (in about 12 hours or less), I realized the benefits of messaging, video, and web browsing were worth it.

    I like the X because it's on my carrier of choice. I won't lie - I will miss Sense, and although there are apps/widgets in the Market that can substitute, non look as polished as HTC's. However, I believe the build quality will be amazing, the screen will be gorgeous (as is the EVO's), reports on battery life have been stellar, it sounds as if it might be as zippy as my Incredible (Sorry, but the EVO - regardless that it has the same processor - just didn't perform as quickly), and I can appreciate it's dedicated GPU. The main reason I am getting the X, is because I actually fell in love with the EVO's screen size, and want that experience back again.

    Nobody, in this forum, that has an EVO should feel like they are missing out. We X'ers and you EVO'ers have really made out perfectly in both cases.
    very well said.
    Thanked by:
  23. #23  

    Default

    I.don't understand people like you. I mean you say that you wanted a evo and Droid x? I hear people asking if they should get a Verizon phone or a Sprint phone. Does that make any sense to anybody? I'm with Sprint for there service and nice plans, not really there phones. The phone make it the best thing to have, but its there service that matters. I wouldn't leave Sprint even if the Evo 2 went to verizon. I'd stay and support the Sprint for the quality of things there service provides. Everybody is all about the phones these days. If a carrier has a better phone then Sprint they wanna jump ship. Makes no god damn sense.
  24. #24  
    Lorak's Avatar

    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

    Default

    yea. not to mention with the rate "better" phones are coming out. You'd be jumping carriers every couple months. LOL

    Always better to choose a service provider first (coverage in your area, price plan that works best for you), and then choose the phone.

    *unless the provider your looking at only offers crappy phones*. But with sprint and verizon they will always have a top andriod device, so you should choose on the carrier, not a certain phone.*
  25. #25  
    Cory Streater's Avatar
    Forums Emeritus

    Posts
    12,995 Posts
    Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

    Default

    No problem, guys.

    BTW: the title of this thread was driving me absolutely crazy, so I took upon myself to fix it
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions