Warranty replacement questions

splmonster

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
Okay so how was everyone else's experience with this? I'm hoping they will let me keep my battery, since it has already been calibrated. I'm getting mine replaced for a dead pixel and dust under left screen. Will this one be new or refurb? What should I expect?

DocPeanut

May 22, 2010
Visit site
You should keep your battery, if it comes in the original evo box then its new, if its a plain brown box then its a refurbished unit

S2K ON 2

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
keep your battery. they even tell you to keep it.

as far as refurb... it has a good chance of being one. but at the same time, in my opinion, refurbs are just as good and just as bad as new ones.
i went through 8 blackberry curves with sprint in a year period. half refurb. half brand new.

when you ask for a replacement, you can ask for a brand new one. tell them you'll return it if it's not.

Kenster

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
Okay so how was everyone else's experience with this? I'm hoping they will let me keep my battery, since it has already been calibrated. I'm getting mine replaced for a dead pixel and dust under left screen. Will this one be new or refurb? What should I expect?

I just got mine replaced because the screen was separating at the bottom. I called the 13th and had my replacement the 14th. It is a refurb, but looks perfect. Screen looks brand new and not a scratch on the phone anywhere. They do tell you to keep your old battery. I am very satisfied with how fast it came.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084