Is Sprint 4G / Clearwire blocking torrent downloads?

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I cannot ever seem to get a torrent downloading over 4G. Once I switch over to 3G, the torrent downloads very quickly so I know there is no problem with the torrent itself or the seeders.

I'm in downtown LA where we don't officially have 4G but have had it running stable since the Evo's launch. Are others in other cities experiencing this as well?

mansouan

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am using aBTC and I just discovered that it is in fact the program's fault. If I restart the torrent completely it works over 4G which suggests to me that the program does not support pause/resume correctly. But to answer your question

PRODIGAL27: Yes, aBTC does store to the SD card.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

Last edited:

FractalSphere

May 28, 2010
Visit site
To download movies or music when you would be away from a computer for an extended amount of time.

Hah! Well, thank you Captain Obvious. ;-) Seriously, I get that part of it and the geek factor is totally cool to do that from your phone. And I'll say I'll want to try it at some point, too.

But on the other hand, I'll just kick off something at home and it'll be done, faster, by the time I get home at night or whenever and I'll have had the chance to seed whatever it is as well before I kill it.

Edit - and it's not bogging down my regular phone usage, either. :p

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Computers are power hungry. Plug in your phone, let it download the movie. Most likely the mobile version. But still.

wrxdrunkie

May 20, 2010
Visit site
I am using aBTC and I just discovered that it is in fact the program's fault. If I restart the torrent completely it works over 4G which suggests to me that the program does not support pause/resume correctly. But to answer your question

PRODIGAL27: Yes, aBTC does store to the SD card.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.

How exactly did you get it to work?

I just downloaded the application, downloaded a torrent, but it either takes forever to go from 0% to 1% or its not connecting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams