Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

Default Is Sprint 4G / Clearwire blocking torrent downloads?

I cannot ever seem to get a torrent downloading over 4G. Once I switch over to 3G, the torrent downloads very quickly so I know there is no problem with the torrent itself or the seeders.

I'm in downtown LA where we don't officially have 4G but have had it running stable since the Evo's launch. Are others in other cities experiencing this as well?
    If my post helped you just a little bit, please take a second to hit the "THANKS" button just under this text to the right.

Palm V --> Palm Vx + OmniSky --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (free upgrade) --> Treo 700p (free upgrade again!) --> HTC Touch Pro (never WinMo again) --> HTC Evo (love Android; hope never to have a reason to change again)...

Not related to your post, but which program are you using to download torrents? Does it go to your SD card?

Global Posts
    1,402 Global Posts
    ROM
    Various

Yes, they block the port that torrent programs use. Change it if you can.
    </awesome>
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts

I am using aBTC and I just discovered that it is in fact the program's fault. If I restart the torrent completely it works over 4G which suggests to me that the program does not support pause/resume correctly. But to answer your question

PRODIGAL27: Yes, aBTC does store to the SD card.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.
    Last edited by tnnm; 07-15-2010 at 12:53 PM.
    If my post helped you just a little bit, please take a second to hit the "THANKS" button just under this text to the right.

Palm V --> Palm Vx + OmniSky --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 (free upgrade) --> Treo 700p (free upgrade again!) --> HTC Touch Pro (never WinMo again) --> HTC Evo (love Android; hope never to have a reason to change again)...

Seriously, why do you need to torrent a file to your phone?
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

Global Posts
    400 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CyanogenMod7

Quote Originally Posted by FractalSphere View Post
    Seriously, why do you need to torrent a file to your phone?
    To download movies or music when you would be away from a computer for an extended amount of time.

Quote Originally Posted by modplan View Post
    To download movies or music when you would be away from a computer for an extended amount of time.
    Hah! Well, thank you Captain Obvious. ;-) Seriously, I get that part of it and the geek factor is totally cool to do that from your phone. And I'll say I'll want to try it at some point, too.

But on the other hand, I'll just kick off something at home and it'll be done, faster, by the time I get home at night or whenever and I'll have had the chance to seed whatever it is as well before I kill it.

Edit - and it's not bogging down my regular phone usage, either. :P
    Sprint Galaxy S3 - rooted but still stock for now.
    Nook Color running CM7

Global Posts
    798 Global Posts
    ROM
    clean rom ics

Computers are power hungry. Plug in your phone, let it download the movie. Most likely the mobile version. But still.
    If at first you don't succeed, then sky driving is not for you.

Thanks all you torrent app users for hastening the day that Sprint goes to tiered data use like ATnT. Really, thanks alot..

Quote Originally Posted by tnnm View Post
    I am using aBTC and I just discovered that it is in fact the program's fault. If I restart the torrent completely it works over 4G which suggests to me that the program does not support pause/resume correctly. But to answer your question

PRODIGAL27: Yes, aBTC does store to the SD card.

Sorry for the false alarm everyone.
    How exactly did you get it to work?

I just downloaded the application, downloaded a torrent, but it either takes forever to go from 0% to 1% or its not connecting.

Quote Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
    Thanks all you torrent app users for hastening the day that Sprint goes to tiered data use like ATnT. Really, thanks a lot.
    WHS.
    Sprint EVO HW Rev 0002 Build 3.70.651.1
    Moto Xoom 3G/1GB

Quote Originally Posted by charliegrs View Post
    Thanks all you torrent app users for hastening the day that Sprint goes to tiered data use like ATnT. Really, thanks alot..

STFU

any free BT programs for android out there?