1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default 4g Service in Broomfield, Colorado!!!

Was out visiting a customer the other day and as I was getting out of the car, I noticed that I received a 4g service available notice!!! I was so excited that I almost tripped over myself! Was definitely impressed with the speed and spent more time out in Broomfield that I should've but my question is why would Sprint/Clearwire put up WiMax towers in friggin Broomfield before Denver, WTF?!?

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

You might want to download the "Sensorly" app from the Android Market to see other areas around Denver where 4G signals are available even though Sprint has not yet officially announced that Denver is "live". The app is only as good as data received from users of the app, but it appears there are already several areas that are getting a signal.

ROM
    Miui

Yea, i've gotten 4G on 6th and i25 going west all the way to wadsworth before the signal dropped. It's GOOOTTTAAA be official in denver soon right??? I just hope they blanket the state.. i live out in lakewood so obviously it would be cool to have 4G at home and in my hood rather than only when i go downtown.

I'll have to tell my sister. She lives in Broomfield and my niece has an Evo.
    Banned

Confirmed.4g next to flatirons in broomfield. I got twice my 3g speeds with 1 to 0 bars.
    Banned

Just got 400 kilobytes download and 130 upload. This is ridiculously fast. I don't notice that much faster browsing which is weird though.....

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by werx View Post
    Just got 400 kilobytes download and 130 upload. This is ridiculously fast. I don't notice that much faster browsing which is weird though.....
    Isn't his ridiculously slow?

Remember they will put up test towers in certain smaller markets before launching officially.
    HTC Evo Cyanogen CM6

The 4g signal is pretty strong over in downtown Louisville. Along with Superior if its the same tower. Over here in Lac Aroma in Broomfield, Im getting 1 bar and it fades in and out which I am about 1.5 in a straight line with the tower off Wads and hwy128.

ROM
    Miui

There is a strong full 4G signal in the Sloan Lake area I discovered this weekend.. just an FYI

Hey guy's - outside of 4g coverage how is Sprint in Colorado? I'm pretty new to Denver and AT&T here bites. Looking at either Sprint or Verizon. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Sprint 3G is fantastic in Denver and all along the front range. I get better results than when I was on Verizon years ago. I honestly don't think there's a better carrier in Denver than Sprint and I almost always have full bars and very fast data. Of course, ymmv. So, you've got that 30 days to try it out, but I'm sure you'll be impressed.

I was in Civic Center Park all day Saturday and was enjoying 1-2 bars of 4G as well, can't wait till it's officially launched!