EVO lover who likes Apple?

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
How many of you out there love there EVO but also love Apple products? I personally love my EVO, but also own an iPad and iPod touch and love them both. The iPhone is simply too expensive and I really love the android experience. I'm not one of those guys who bashes Apple just because they compete with android. I think there is plenty of room for both platforms. Sprint has hit a home run with the EVO, and I think that really makes Apple and AT&T nervous. Competition is good for the consumer.

thekarens

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I think Apple has fantastic products, but I personally I don't like the way the company is run, so I won't buy their products. Does that mean others shouldn't buy them or like them? Nope, I just vote with my money so my money will never go to Apple.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I love my EVO and Apple and I'm not afraid to say it. I also think the iPhone is a good device...For some people. I'm not afraid to admit that I think they do have great products but I prefer the EVO.

Buckeyes

May 31, 2010
Visit site
I agree. I like both products. The iPad has the most incredible screen I have ever seen. Yet the EVO is a superior phone in my opinion. Different companies and products, yet both fantastic products. Good for us, the consumer!

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Meh. Not a fan at all of Apple. They make "nice" devices but they are far too expensive for what you get. The specs on my $470 laptop beats the specs of the $1000 MacBook... take that fruit off the top of that macbook and it's worth far less than $1000...

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
My macbook was easily the best laptop purchase I've made in years. Yes there are other cheaper laptops with similar specs, but none of them withstand the punishment, nor do they run OS X (Hackintoshes need not be mentioned). OS X is actually wonderful for laptops, as it suspends/resumes ridiculously fast and applications on it actually respond to suspend well.

As for the iPad? Unless I get one for free I'm never touching one. Waste of money. It solves a problem no one had. Either use a laptop or a phone, either will have more functionality either be faster or more portable.

IIJBII

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
This is one of those things that's really based on opinion and personal preference/experience. It's almost like asking what's better a car or a truck? It depends on what you personally need, expect and prefer.

Kedar

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Their new Macbooks are actually pretty nice... no other laptop has that level of hardware (maybe Sony?)... I still use a Vaio Windows 7.
I was actually thinking about getting an Ipod touch for gaming... but I might as well get a used PSP or something.

If I were ever to get an Ipad... I'd get it just for gaming and browsing.

Edit: I used to hate Apple... I still don't like the company, but respect the products they release.

Last edited:

charliegrs

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
If such a thing as fanboyism didnt exist I wouldnt really have any problem at all with Apple. I think they make good products, and their closed ecosystem is only a problem for those people who actually invest in being a part of that system. But oh my god, the Apple fanboys make me hate the fact that Apple even exists. Let me use my damn EVO in peace, stop looking at it and pointing out what supposedly Apple does better, I dont care. I dont personally do that to Apple stuff, although theres plenty of times when I could. Im not trying to convert you, its not important to me. Stop trying to convert me.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Their new Macbooks are actually pretty nice... no other laptop has that level of hardware (maybe Sony?)... I still use a Vaio Windows 7.
I was actually thinking about getting an Ipod touch for gaming... but I might as well get a used PSP or something.

If I were ever to get an Ipad... I'd get it just for gaming and browsing.

Edit: I used to hate Apple... I still don't like the company, but respect the products they release.

Sorry dude but here's the specs of both my laptop and the lowest level MacBook:

My Gateway: $499
MacBook $999

Gateway: 2.0ghz
MacBook: 2.4

Gateway: 4GB supports up to 8GB
MacBook: 2GB supports up to 4GB

Gateway: 500GB hard drive
MacBook: 250GB

Gateway: ATI Radeon 512MB DDR2
MacBook: NVIDIA 256MB DDR3

Gateway: 15.6 16:9 LED HD Screen
MacBook: 13.3 LED

Gateway: HDMI port
MacBook: HDMI port

Gateway: Multicard reader
MacBook: No multicard reader

Gateway: Multi touch pad
MacBook: Multi touch pad

Gateway: Webcam
MacBook: Webcam

Gateway: 4 USB
MacBook: 2 USB

I'm just gonna stop there. Now at the end of the day there is a HUGE difference between the OS's. I actually reallly like the Mac OS a LOOT. But I'm also very happy with Windows 7. I just can't see myself spending $1000 on a laptop when a near $500 has either similar or better specs in a lot of departments. $500 is a LOT of money man. For $1000 just about any other laptop would really take out the MacBook in terms of specs. The only real advantage to the MacBook is it's light as all hell and the battery is REALLY good being rated at 10 hours. The last thing to play in is the OS. And that's 100% personal preference. But again, personally I just couldn't see myself spending double what I paid for my laptop when the specs on my laptop is either as good or better in many aspects. BUT to each their own!! lol

Last edited:

bobodobo

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
This is one of those things that's really based on opinion and personal preference/experience. It's almost like asking what's better a car or a truck? It depends on what you personally need, expect and prefer.

Actually I accidentally drove over one of my Mac notebooks a few years ago with my truck. Other than a broken screen which I had replaced, everything worked fine for several years, in fact it's still working today - despite a 3/16" bow in the case. So, I like Macs! But, I was always scared away from the iPhone because of the reports about AT&T's coverage and their rate structure.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Sorry dude but here's the specs of both my laptop and the lowest level MacBook:

My Gateway: $499
MacBook $999

Gateway: 2.0ghz
MacBook: 2.4

Gateway: 4GB supports up to 8GB
MacBook: 2GB supports up to 4GB

Gateway: 500GB hard drive
MacBook: 250GB

Gateway: ATI Radeon 512MB DDR2
MacBook: NVIDIA 256MB DDR3

Gateway: 15.6 16:9 HD Screen
MacBook: 13.3 LED

Gateway: HDMI port
MacBook: HDMI port

Gateway: Multicard reader
MacBook: No multicard reader

Gateway: 4 USB
MacBook: 2 USB

I'm just gonna stop there. Now at the end of the day there is a HUGE difference between the OS's. I actually reallly like the Mac OS a LOOT. But I'm also very happy with Windows 7. I just can't see myself spending $1000 on a laptop when a near $500 has either similar or better specs in a lot of departments. $500 is a LOT of money man. For $1000 just about any other laptop would really take out the MacBook in terms of specs. The only real advantage to the MacBook is it's light as all hell and the battery is REALLY good being rated at 10 hours. The last thing to play in is the OS. And that's 100% personal preference. But again, personally I just couldn't see myself spending double what I paid for my laptop when the specs on my laptop is either as good or better in many aspects. BUT to each their own!! lol

Find a 13" laptop with similar weight and specs and then do a comparison. It's completely unfair to compare one of a larger size (and thus more room to fit components that are cheaper).

That said, do not forget build quality.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Apple = quality. I'm on a four year-old iMac that runs as fast as the day I bought it. I have no intentions of replacing it. I love my third-generation iPod touch as well. I was blown away by the iPad's screen quality and speed. That said, I will admit that the bar has been raised with the Evo. After playing with the iPhone 4 this evening, I must say the Evo, for me, in many ways, is the better device. The Evo's keyboard, for me, is easier to accurately type on, primarily due to its larger size. The web browser is much faster at scrolling through complex web site.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
How is it not fair?? $1000 to $500. Hell if anything it further proves my point. Why would I spend $1000 on a much smaller and less capable laptop when I can spend $500 and get a laptop with a larger and better screen with mostly better specs?? At half the price too. I'm not saying the MacBook isn't good. It's REALLY good. I actually like it. My point from the beginning is while Apple does have great devices, their prices are far from justified. Especially when you compare specs. Are the Apple products made with really good quality? Of course. But their not made in a factory filled with Jesus clones putting them together by hand.

Caitlyn McKenzie

May 17, 2010
Visit site
How is it not fair?? $1000 to $500. Hell if anything it further proves my point. Why would I spend $1000 on a much smaller and less capable laptop when I can spend $500 and get a laptop with a larger and better screen with mostly better specs?? At half the price too. I'm not saying the MacBook isn't good. It's REALLY good. I actually like it. My point from the beginning is while Apple does have great devices, their prices are far from justified. Especially when you compare specs. Are the Apple products made with really good quality? Of course. But their not made in a factory filled with Jesus clones putting them together by hand.

Because some of us don't WANT a larger/bigger laptop? I find a lighter, smaller laptop is much easier to carry around, and doesn't suffer the limitations of a netbook. If you like bigger, more power to you, but it's not a fair comparison for price.

If you want, compare the 15" Macbook Pro to a 15" laptop that is as thin and light.

Jerzyiroc

May 19, 2010
Visit site
If you or anyone else wants to go right ahead. I didn't say there was anything wrong with buying the MacBook. I just stated my opinion along with the facts on the specs that's all. Everyone has their own opinion. For me, most of the time bang for the buck trumps all. I'm willing to sacrifice slightly better features for a better price as long as it's still really good. My beef with the MacBook is for the price of $1000 I PERSONALLY feel there are better spec'd laptops. If you want light and thin go for it. But I would never have "light and thin" over a better spec'd laptop. There are definitely better 15" laptops for way cheaper than the 15" MacBook Pro. But again.. That's my opinion. Im not saying you're wrong. To each their own.

McPlot

May 25, 2010
Visit site
This has turned into the Mac Fanboy thing that charliegrs talked about. STOP IT!
The fact is, and always has been, Apple charges a premium for their products. The fanboys believe it is do to build quality, etc, or whatever Jobs told them to believe. There are PC's with the same build quality as Mac's, that run the SAME (Yes the SAME) hardware. Intel is Intel, nVidia is nVidia. They do not change how they make their hardware for Mac's or PC's. The PC's cost less because Apple charges more. They have to. They do not sell as many computers as the PC companies do. If it was not for the iPhone and iPod, Apple would have went bankrupt. They almost did then the first iMac came out and saved them for a little while. Then the iPod did the same thing. Still running of the funds from iPod sales, they went to the iPhone.

But no, the Apple Fanboy will defend the honor of Steve Jobs to the end!

Personally, I think that Apple makes good products but charges too much for their products. As for the iPhone, AT&T kept me away from it. I used to have them. I lost calls all the time. Roll over minutes DO EXPIRE!

pwnst_r

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iPhone 3G, 3GS, and Macbook here. I'm not one of "them" though, nor am I one of "those". I buy and use what I have because it works for me.