68f84fd3.jpg

e41eb33d.jpg

f441e386.jpg

9f1a91bf.jpg

0df99c56.jpg

Juice#AC

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Those shots are no less than epic. Ironically enough, I was in the Sprint store playing around on the beloved EVO when the sirens went off. Oh the irony

Where did you takes those by chance? I don't recognize the area, never seen that gas station before...

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Thanks guys!

Things got pretty interesting with this storm. Between the time I took the 3rd pic and the last 2, the local fire dept had reported a tornado on the ground. I could see the funnel but didn't see any actual touchdown. Unfortunately I couldn't stop to take a pic because it was coming straight at me.

Did you send these into Kare11? They had very similar pics on the 10 o'clock news tonight :p

All the TV stations were already flooded with pics so I didn't bother to send mine in, although a reporter from channel 5 pulled up next to me and took some video in Waconia where I took the last 2 pics.

Where did you takes those by chance? I don't recognize the area, never seen that gas station before...

The first one is looking west from Delano, the next 2 are near Watertown, and the last 2 are looking north from the Target parking lot in Waconia.

Awesome pics! Do you use your EVO for tracking the storms as well?

I'd love to find a really good weather radar app...any suggestions?

The EVO works great for tracking storms. The app I use most of the time is called Rainy Days. It's definitely not as good as Radarscope on the iPhone, but it gets the job done. Supposedly they are working on getting Radarscope for Android.

noshooz

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Someone I know who studies weather called that a shelf cloud. It's caused from the cold air at the back end of a thunderstorm forcing the cloud to fall. I've never seen such a cloud before. Great pics!

kd0axs

Mar 13, 2010
Visit site
Someone I know who studies weather called that a shelf cloud. It's caused from the cold air at the back end of a thunderstorm forcing the cloud to fall. I've never seen such a cloud before. Great pics!

Actually it's a wall cloud. A wall cloud forms on the back side of the storm with the updraft. This is where tornadoes most commonly occur.

A shelf cloud forms out in front of a storm and is often mistaken for a wall cloud.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37