Youtube app "Sorry this video cannot be played"
VERY annoying youtube issue..
With just about ANY video i try to play on youtube while using EVDO, i am greeted with this message after about a 30 second "loading" loop
I have been able to find others with this issue.. but no fix:
Android Youtube App Problems - YouTube Help
YouTube on the HTC Hero – what gives?
Youtube will not play - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Sorry, this video cannot be played - Android Help
The YouTube app on my Hero says "Sorry, this video cannot be played" when I try to play a video. - Android Market Help
- 07-18-2010, 02:40 AM #2
- 07-18-2010, 02:53 AM #4
No it isnt, because if i try to play a video 7 times, it will work about 2 out of those times.
There are workarounds some people have found like:
1) instead of directly tapping the video, if you press the "i" which shows its related videos and allows you to view comments, rate, favorite, share, flag. It seems to work more often than just directly pressing the video from a search.
2) When getting the "Sorry this video cannot be played" error, if you press the back key, then press the search key on the phone, type in a bunch of letters then delete and press back key, go to the video and it plays more often than not.
3) when using m.youtube.com the video will play
Also want to add this happens with almost every video.... and if the uploader even did deny mobile phones, it would even show up in the search when using the app
One more thing.... the videos play flawlessly while on wifi... issue is only present when on evdo (3G)
- 07-18-2010, 10:46 AM #6
- 07-18-2010, 11:14 AM #7
- 07-18-2010, 12:11 PM #8
- 10-03-2012, 01:36 PM #9
- 07-15-2013, 02:52 AM #10
- 1 Posts
Re: Youtube app "Sorry this video cannot be played"
I saw this thread was old. just wondered if anyone reported this issue has the problem solved now.
me also have this issue. I m using LG P500 andriod just to watch youtube etc. and got this 'sorry this video cant be played' . !
1. it works perfect fine on wife with my phone.
2. i tried reset to factory status , not working
3. tried clear browser caches, and reset to default , not working
4. i dont have Flash playing installed. as i m using the youtube app.,
5. upgrade to latest version of youtube app, didint work
6. use YouTube on browser, didnt work . same error
7. some times when i turn off then turn on.. and without log into youtube my account, occasionally one or two videos i randomly picked worked. but afterwards, the same message show up.
8. I walked into a phone shop, begged the guy to try my sim on his phone, and he checked youtube using my sim card. we randomly checked a few videos. All worked.