HTC Evo 4G flashed to Open Mobile in Puerto Rico

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone,

I am hoping there's people from Puerto Rico reading these forums. If so, I need your help.

I recently upgraded my phone and gave my old Evo 4G to my brother in Puerto Rico. His cell phone company is Open Mobile, and the Evo runs on Sprint. I've read, heard and seen the Evo flashed to Open... And other Sprint phones as well.

People keep telling him that he can't do it because he'd have to flash it to Boost mobile.

Can anyone help me? I'm running out of patience and options.... Any information would be highly appreciated, as it would be more help than what I'm getting now. Thanks!

Happy Holiday season, by the way ;-)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
I'm in several forums for the EVO and I have never seen any information on flashing the EVO to Open Mobile. That's probably why nobody has answered because nobody has heard of it.

There is information on flashing to Boost but I cannot confirm if that would help.

taniabonita52

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for your reply :)

I've seen it in "other" forums, but this is the best Android community, IMO, so I decided to give it a shot here.....

But anyway, my brother got an early Christmas present from mom yesterday. She saw an HTC One V on sale and got it for him. Problem solved lol. I got my old Evo back... And I guess I'll mess around with it when I get back to Jersey lol.

Anyway, thanks for the info you provided :)

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums