Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Music player + run in bg =?

How on earth can you get the included music player app to run in the background???

what do you mean? start playing music then navigate away to something else? should do it easily, make your selection, push play, then hit the home button or w/e app you want to use
    Software Engineer

Global Posts
    1,876 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10.1 / Jelly Bean

Quote Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
    what do you mean? start playing music then navigate away to something else? should do it easily, make your selection, push play, then hit the home button or w/e app you want to use
    + 1
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

Software Engineer

www.gksmithlcw.com
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Nope hitting home is causing it to stop, and It also keeps reverting to playing a sample mp3 when I start it back up again.

What app are you using?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

The default one that came with my evo.

Global Posts
    48 Global Posts

Weird I just tried it & it plays in the background.

+1 ^^ mine runs in the back ground too, this is an odd issue. I have no answer

Global Posts
    229 Global Posts

Yea no problems here. Just tried it with stock, doubletwist and mixzing.

Will have to say that mixzing is my fav right now. Equalizer and lock screen widget for the win.

Here is how the 10 image limit and 10,000 character limit impact posts. Note that 200KB jpg images had to be used in place of the 25KB png's.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Music player + run in bg =?-android-central-image-limit.jpg   Music player + run in bg =?-android-central-character-limit.jpg  
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Figured it out, its the HTC music sure that was not playing in the background, the Android one does just fine, only dislike I have is it doesn't have an equalizer & is a bit limp on bass & midrange.

Question.

IS there a music app that pops up controls anywhere in the OS? Either like in the notification area or if you hold down a button or something?
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Question.

IS there a music app that pops up controls anywhere in the OS? Either like in the notification area or if you hold down a button or something?
    Wish I could find it if their is.